• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rockyk69

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 23, 2011
    Noblesville
    Well, thanks so much for everyone that helped and offered to help me with my first handgun purchase.

I was completely settled on the Walther PK380. I don't have very big hands (which is annoying at 6'1" :) ) and the 380 felt perfect. The day before I was going to buy it, I watched a video on breakdown and cleaning of the weapon and completely changed my mind. The video showed a twenty-something, physically fit man struggling to get the spring back in the slide. Now,I'm certain that with time and practice, I would normally have been able to do it, but the neuropathy in my hands is getting worse, not better. Don't think I would have ever been able to get it back in there.

I went into BareArms Firearms, in Noblesville and they let me tear down a Glock 26 to see how I would do. As I'm sure you all know, it was easy for me...even with the weakness in the hands.

I absolutely love the weapon. Amazed at the lack of recoil and how much the gun stays on target.

I have a friend that I shoot with, but he is pretty busy. If anyone wants to go shooting sometime, I'd appreciate it. I live in Noblesville proper. I am not real comfortable going shooting by myself just yet. Plus it is like motorcycle riding: more fun in groups.

I am on long term disability right now, so I am free during the days, if any retired guys want to teach me to shoot properly.

Thanks again everyone. Glad to officially be part of the club.

Johnny

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Johnny,

Glad that you picked out a nice gun for yourself. I would be happy to meet with you sometime to shoot during the day. I will send you a PM with contact information.

ZS84

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 11, 2011
    Columbus
    Glad you are here and glad you purchased your first handgun. Now I want you to take a deep breath. I am sure you are worried about this feeling you have that makes you want to shoot all of the time, get more training, and buy more guns. I am sorry to say sir but this is an illness. An illness that has no cure. But boy it sure is fun! It is best that you just stay calm and let the illness take its course. :D

Top Bottom