Finally broke down and purchased a Caldwell rail mount brass catcher...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • padawan

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    N/A
    So far, it is VERY nice to sit at the bench and have my brass collect all nicely right there on the right...

I was getting tired of picking up my brass and not being able to match up fired brass to the test load.

I leave the zipper open and the spent case just nicely drops out on the bench.

Rail mount stays on top of receiver and catcher has a type of 'ball-socket' ratchet effect to slide on and off.

It was a snug fit under the windage turret knob but finally got it to not touch.

Guess I'll need to change my 'Location:' line.

Will probably get one for shooting partner AKA 12 yr old so his brass doesn't keep flying my way. (I usually sit on the right table.)

Well worth the $36.00. Once you try one you wonder why you ever shot without it.

Pic below courtesy Midway.
    779085.jpg

Last edited:

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Looks like a cool idea, though it would be wasted on me, I never shoot from a bench. I guess never is an overstatement. Sometimes in the winter if the snow is too deep and the range hasn't been plowed and I have to check zero for some reason, I will use a bench.

rosejm

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Nov 28, 2013
    NWI
    Looks like a cool idea, though it would be wasted on me, I never shoot from a bench. I guess never is an overstatement. Sometimes in the winter if the snow is too deep and the range hasn't been plowed and I have to check zero for some reason, I will use a bench.

But in the field is exactly the best place to use one of these! Leave the zipper closed, and you'll collect a couple mags full of empties rather than lose 'em all or spend time searching and losing 20%. They're light weight and work well.

And this comes from someone who's rifle will eject each and every cartridge into a neat little pile at the 4 o'clock position.

Top Bottom