• ...and so much more!
  • nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I've wanted one of these for a long time, but just not at the $700+ new prices for the Police model with the Wilson ghost ring sights. If I ever came across one for under $500, I was going to get it. Well, I got one yesterday from fellow INGO member wolfeman.(good man to do business with:D).

For those not familiar with it, it's a pump action rifle in 223, based on the 870 action. Takes AR mags. Chambered in .223/5.56. 1/9 twist, chrome lined, free floated, 16 1/2" barrell. Wilson Combat ghost ring sights. Picatinny rail. Pump action is very smooth.

DGG_7894pw.jpg

DGG_7888pw.jpg

DGG_7895pw.jpg

DGG_7889Pw.jpg

DGG_7890w.jpg

I plan on taking it to Applied Ballistics tomorrow, after work, due to the HEAT.

Don't know if it would fit, or even if I'd do it, but with this https://secure.riflestock.com/catalog_page_detail.cfm?recordno=10&Product_CatalogID=2784&ProductNumber=01%2D01%2D22&ProductCode=2&ProductSubCodeID=157&NewProduct=0## , it would be very compact, about 27" folded.

folder2.jpg

:dunno:

Thanks for looking.

Last edited:

markiemark

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jun 21, 2011
    Liberty, IN
    Looks like it would be a very fun gun to shoot. I have always been interested in the long action variation of that rifle. Please let us know how it performs on the range!

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    That thing is sweet! Nice purchase

Looks like a neat rifle. I'll be watching for your range report.

Looks like it would be a very fun gun to shoot. I have always been interested in the long action variation of that rifle. Please let us know how it performs on the range!

That looks pretty stinkin cool! Have you taken it out yet?

Thanks, guys. I went to the indoor range last night, but I was only able to shoot about 25 rounds through it. I shot 5, five round mags through it, of some 55gr soft point, and some XM193. Took my 10/22 to shoot between mags to let it cool down.

In a word....SWEEEET!!!!!

When it cools down, I'll take it outdoors and do some 50 and 100 yrd shooting. Probably slap a scope on it(temporary) to see what it does at 100yds with some of my Black hills match ammo.

It's a keeper. I've decided to sell one of my long term safe queens to justify it. :D

Since both of my ARs now have flash suppressors, it's been awhile since I've seen serious muzzle flash. :D

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I finaly got a chance to see what this can do accuracy wise. I put a scope on it(temporarily), and it does look funny with a scope as long as the barrell;
    DSCN3502pw.jpg

:laugh:

After a quick zero, I shot these 2 3 shot groups at 50 yds with Black Hills 69gr match;

DSCN3508w.jpg

Then I removed the scope.

twisyblackmetal

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 12, 2010
    I really wanted one of those several years ago. I got a dirt cheap AR, so it's impossible to justify buying one...but I'm trying! I cant wait for a 100y report.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    I really wanted one of those several years ago. I got a dirt cheap AR, so it's impossible to justify buying one...but I'm trying! I cant wait for a 100y report.

Don't expect a 100 yd report. I found out what I needed to know. It's accurate. The two groups are 7/16" and 5/8". I used to do a lot of benchrest shooting. But in the last few years, I've done very little. And it shows. I'm sure that a better shooter could have gotten even better groups

Looks nice, thanks for the report.

:ingo:

I would like one in 12 gauge with a drum mag.

Whatever.

Top Bottom