• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    You can not legally get real "M-80's" anywhere in the country without an explosives license. "M-80's" contained 2-3 grams of flash (2000-3000mg). Any legal firework in the U.S. is limited to 50 mg of flash powder. You could make your own flash, but that's not legal either.

This type of dynamite is almost never encountered anymore. Varieties of gelignite, ANFO packs, or plastic explosives are used today. Explosives generally do not become more potent, often they become more sensitive, but will generally decline in explosive force, especially if exposed to water.

I knew they were outlawed in IN, but I thought maybe you could still buy them. Where's any literature on this?

As far as legality of making a bigger flash with fireworks, if you are using your bug out bag for any legitimite reason, I think some laws are laxed to allow you to save you or your loved ones lives. :thumbsup:

And it looks like it's good I stocked up on silica gel! :D say bye bye to water!

Appreciate the heads up on the legalities. Some more info/links would be awesome!

:cheers:

Disposable Heart

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.6%
    246   1   1
    Apr 18, 2008
    Greenfield, IN
    Man that sucks. I wouldnt mind having some for next year. Last year, all we did was throw as many of the multi packs of cheap fireworks as we could get into a 2' high pile, threw a road flare into it and ran like hell. Scortched a 30' area around the pile. Now thats independance.

I can see the need for some laws as many of these fireworks can be reverse engineered by retards like me. :D

jimbo-indy

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Apr 3, 2008
    N.W. Indy
    A long, long time ago in another anti fireworks state (NY) a friend and I disassembled a bag full of various fire crackers that he brought back from vacation in Tennessee. We poured the powder into a piece of 3/4" copper tube. With the powder packed tight, a fuse hole (predrilled) ends folded over and mashed flat in a vice, and a really long fuse, we were ready to go. Set the thing off in a washed out area of creek bed not far from the populated area. VERY loud, ran like hell and watched from hiding as the police arrived. Never did find us. Are pipe bombs illegal in Indiana too? Man, was that loud! Such was summer entertainment about 50 years ago.

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    ...a friend and I disassembled a bag full of various fire crackers that he brought back from vacation in Tennessee. We poured the powder into a piece of 3/4" copper tube. With the powder packed tight, a fuse hole (predrilled) ends folded over and mashed flat in a vice, and a really long fuse, we were ready to go. .

Kids, don't try this at home;)

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Unless a well qualified adult is present and you have permission from LE should you live in civilization.... :p

Top Bottom