• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • perry

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 18, 2010
    Fishers, IN
    I chose a poor time to put together my first AR15, but I don't think I did too bad. I just put it together Thursday evening and I still need to obtain a wrench to tighten down the castle nut. Building it wasn't nearly as hard as I had expected. But that front pivot pin was a real pain in the butt for me.

I went with a fixed rear sight because I don't want to spend on a red dot right now and I want to learn how to use iron sights before getting a red dot.

I kept an Excel sheet of my costs and such. I've also managed to pick up 10 magazines and 500 rounds of ammo that aren't included here:
    costs.JPG

If I sell the Magpul black midlength handguard that came with the upper then I'll be under $1000 :)

And here's the pics:

IMG_3278.JPG

IMG_3266.JPG

IMG_3267.JPG

IMG_3276.JPG

IMG_3275.JPG

IMG_3264.JPG

It looks greasey because I wiped it down with a Hoppes silicon impregnated cloth when I was done, then even another dry microfiber cloth didn't take all the sheen away.

:ingo:

Last edited:

Lammchop93

Master
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Oct 23, 2011
    Floyds Knobs
    If you need a good ar multi-wrench, get [ame=http://www.amazon.com/Tapco-Intrafuse-AR-Armorers-Tool/dp/B006PTMYHM/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1360459291&sr=8-14&keywords=tapco+ar15]Amazon.com: Tapco Intrafuse AR Armorer's Tool: Sports & Outdoors[/ame]

it does have the castle nut wrench as well. If you were closer, I'd let you use mine, but if you want to buy one, I recommend that one.

Top Bottom