• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I think with both France, New Zealand, UK, and many others adopting AR pattern rifles, kinda settles the AR vs AK debate for me.

Wait until you realize that all the other non AK rifles are just AR18s.

The FN2000, FN SCAR, Bushy ACR, HK G36, Beretta ARX, and even a few of the odd ball Asian rifles... All remixed AR18s.

Last edited:

Squid556

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Feb 26, 2022
    Wabash Co.
    Wait until you realize that all the other non AK rifles are just AR18s.

The FN2000, FN SCAR, Bushy ACR, HK G36, Beretta ARX, and even a few of the odd ball Asian rifles... All remixed AR18s.
    Different method of operation, different recoil system, different construction. Only thing similar is bolt face and the designation "AR".

Although I find it interesting that the AR180s legacy lives on so strong while its own career was relatively small.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    Yeah, just hit the throw levers and the optic pops off.
    The Reptilia AUS mount is a non-quick release semi-permanent mount. It requires tools to remove. Unless this is a special model made for the contract with QD levers it really does render the BUIS useless.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    Different method of operation, different recoil system (same thing), different construction (almost same thing). Only thing similar is bolt face and the designation "AR".

Although I find it interesting that the AR180s legacy lives on so strong while its own career was relatively small.
    The point was that a large portion of the remaining world military rifles were also vaugly related Armalite designed rifles, thus the market share is even lower.

Never said nor implied the mechanism was the same.

Top Bottom