• ...and so much more!
  • ACC

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    134   0   1
    Mar 7, 2012
    N. Side of Indy
    I am a big fan of FN & CZ pistols. I own a few of each. I was very excited to hear from both companies that they would be releasing subcompact/micro pistols. However, once the announcements were made, I was very disappointed. I am sure the new FN 503 & the CZ P-10M are both high quality pistols like I would expect from these companies. But the FN is only a 6/8+1 gun and the CZ is a 7+1 gun??? The capacity in these guns is completely undewhelming in these days of the P365 (10/12+1 capacity) and the SA Hellcat (11/13+1 capacity). I gave up my Glock 43 quick when the Pp365 came out, just because of the increased capactiy.

I honestly wonder how these companies feel about releasing these pistols knowing they are WAY under the standard capacity that EDCrs are now expecting in these size of pistols. I had really hoped for more out of these two fine firearms manufacturers.

https://www.thetruthaboutguns.com/fn-announces-the-slim-new-fn-503-single-stack-pistol/

https://www.guns.com/news/2020/03/12/new-cz-p-10m-micro-compact-9mm-pistol-announced

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    I love CZs but the P10M is one that I have no interest in. I already have 7+1 capacity P938s, and love those things, so spending more money on a gun that fulfills the same use case makes no sense to me. Now, I might trade a P938 for a G43X and then pick up S15 mags for it. That truly would be bringing something to the table for the cost.

rob63

Master
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    May 9, 2013
    The article on the CZ says it doesn't meet the minimum number of points to be legally imported anyway. It says CZ is building a plant in Arkansas, so it could be available in the future, but who knows?

Tactically Fat

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Oct 8, 2014
    Indiana
    The article on the CZ says it doesn't meet the minimum number of points to be legally imported anyway. It says CZ is building a plant in Arkansas, so it could be available in the future, but who knows?

They already manufacture the P10 here in the states, don't they?

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    They already manufacture the P10 here in the states, don't they?

I think the full plant is supposed to (or was) come on line this year. The P10Cs that are US made so far mostly use parts from the Czech Republic. There are some parts made here and they are assembled here but until the factory ramps up, a lot of parts come in from off shore. My Czech made P10Cs have numbers matching barrels, frames and slides. My P10S is only serialized on the frame and not the slide. I’m guessing that means the frame is made here and the rest of the parts are just brought in.

Top Bottom