• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Over the weekend I was in Wisconsin visiting a buddy whom we served together overseas back in 06. He wanted to go try out handguns and gave me some criteria for his eventual purchase after their vacation. They didn't have any 92FS's and no cz's so the dealer suggested the fnx.

We went through the safety video got our targets and 50 rounds. We shot from roughly 20 ft and he went first. His groupings weren't bad just needed practice to tighten them up. I shot my 25 in a pretty much ragged hole which impressed me as the firearms I own are much more accurate than me. Then again I went in just having fun and not there to think of buying.

He liked it a lot as did I we left and went to cabelas as they had a marlin 88 c&r and needed the bosses permission to buy. I also told him to go to cabelas to compare fnx prices and see if there wasn't anything else that piqued his interest. The wife...I mean boss gave me permission so we went back and I made my purchase.

I told him a used but not abused gun is still a nice gun if he was looking to save a few hundred but i'm looking for real owners here to give me their opinions on it before I sell one of my guns to buy one.

I didn't like the more aggressive backstraps which felt like nails digging into my hand but see that there is horizontal pattern which should be good. I've read reviews were people had issues with parts breaking but those reviews were from 4-6 yrs ago.

dung

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 9, 2017
    Charlestwon
    My brother has had one for several years and hasn't had any problems at all. It is pretty fun to shoot. He doesn't like the price of the magazines. I wanted one for myself until I tried a CZ75.

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    I bought one a few months back and have put around 300 - 400 rounds through it. I took it out right after I bought it (I was in a hurry and did not clean it at all) and put a 100-200 rounds through it. I had the same experience you had - one big ragged hole. But, I also had a few FTF's and it was shooting to the right. I took it home cleaned it up really good and gave the sights a good wack. Since then I've put another couple hundred rounds through it with absolutely no issues and it shoots straight.

It came with 3 mags and I got mine on sale at my local Rural King for around $350'ish out the door. I've been extremely happy with it so far and have no hesitation in recommending it to someone. Holsters are kind of hit and miss as they are not as popular as the other wonder plastic guns.

63PGP

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 28, 2018
    Boone
    Bought one about 4 years ago. It has a little over 4000 rounds through it. 1000 of that in one week at Gunsite. Its been reliable and nothing has broken. The only issues I had traced back to a specific mag and its been tossed. It runs everything I've loaded in it. Its always ready and would be a go to pistol if ever needed, without hesitation.

Mike

Top Bottom