• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    I had a customers Form 4 for a can come back this week approved and void of any CLEO sign off. Yes it was an indiviual application and not a trust or LLC.

I thought maybe one was filled in and one wasn't, so ATF kept the filled in one. I told the customer I would still go get it filled in by the CLEO if I were him.

Thoughts? Anyone else have this happen? Jahred??

JTinIN

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 13, 2010
    Home Range Richmond
    Did you check with your customer and see if he ever got an approval?

If so and you guys were nearly sure of having sent in at least one signed copy, then he dould ask for a certified copy and see if the one sent had the sign off .... then again something to about being best to let sleeping dogs along ;-).

Wonder if your client will get a "re-sign off" of the suppressor form?l

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    Did you check with your customer and see if he ever got an approval?

Wonder if your client will get a "re-sign off" of the suppressor form?

He did get approved, because I got the approved form from ATF. I don't know why the CLEO wouldn't sign it, but the CLEO should probably call ATF first. I just advised the customer that I personally would not want an incomplete form 4.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Once there's a stamp on it the rest doesn't really matter.

If only they would mail forms to the right place. Three times since the switch I've have approved form 3s mailed to the wrong dealer. Thankfully they send them to me.

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    Once there's a stamp on it the rest doesn't really matter.

If only they would mail forms to the right place. [STRIKE]Three[/STRIKE] Four times since the switch I've have approved form 3s mailed to the wrong dealer. Thankfully they send them to me.

FTFM

Just got a call from a dealer. They did it again. How hard is it to put a form 3 in an envelope and mail it to the right place?

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    I've been talking with some of the local ATF offices a lot lately (WHOOT finally got the Form 7 completed and ready to go) specifically about the CLEO portion. We all know that there has been some talk about removing the CLEO sig altogether, since it's nothing more then a courtesy to the local PD anyway. I learned that on a form 7, the CLEO sig is not a requirement, though there is a portion for it, all you have to do is drop off the CLEO copy at the local PD/Sheriff, you are not required to to have a signature on it. Myself and some of the local agents think that if you really wanted to try it, most of the forms would go through without it (only stipulation being that you still dropped off a copy of your form 1 or 4 at the local office). If the CLEO had an issue with it, it's their responsibility to contact ATF, and ATF would look into it.

Now having said all that, with my form 1's & 4's I'll continue to get the sig until I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I don't need it, but I do know for the form 7, 2 different agents straight up told me "don't worry about it, just drop off their copy.".

tradertator

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Jul 1, 2008
    Greene County
    I've been talking with some of the local ATF offices a lot lately (WHOOT finally got the Form 7 completed and ready to go) specifically about the CLEO portion. We all know that there has been some talk about removing the CLEO sig altogether, since it's nothing more then a courtesy to the local PD anyway. I learned that on a form 7, the CLEO sig is not a requirement, though there is a portion for it, all you have to do is drop off the CLEO copy at the local PD/Sheriff, you are not required to to have a signature on it. Myself and some of the local agents think that if you really wanted to try it, most of the forms would go through without it (only stipulation being that you still dropped off a copy of your form 1 or 4 at the local office). If the CLEO had an issue with it, it's their responsibility to contact ATF, and ATF would look into it.

Now having said all that, with my form 1's & 4's I'll continue to get the sig until I know beyond a shadow of a doubt that I don't need it, but I do know for the form 7, 2 different agents straight up told me "don't worry about it, just drop off their copy.".

Congrats on the form 7. That would be a really cool business venture.

Top Bottom