• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flick1900

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    Troy, IN
    I live in Southern Indiana, and I am searching for a gunsmith who can do front strap checkering on a full size Kimber. I would like for it to match what is on the rear spring housing - or at least be a close match. I am hoping someone on this forum can lead me in the right direction.

Thanks,

Flick1900

Jim McKalip

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Cumberland
    Front strap checkering

Clark Custom Guns in Louisiana will do it for $125 - $145 plus refinishing(if it's a blue frame) plus shipping both ways. They typically run several months for any custom work.

I took the cheap way out on my Kimber Gold Match 9mm and put a piece of stair tread tape from Lowes on it. It looks decent and works great. A few bucks got me more of the tape than I will use in one lifetime. PM me your address and I'll be happy to mail you a piece.

Best regards.

Hoosier45

Snowman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    143   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    Eastbound and down

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    If you want it the same as your mainspring housing I believe you will want to ask for 30lpi. There's not going to really be a cheap way to do it. You can find some guys that can machine checker it for a reasonable price but the shipping becomes ridiculous unless you know a dealer that can send it USPS for you.

Top Bottom