• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    My GF is having problems with her out of state ex husband paying, an her out of state lawyer forget to file 4 weeks ago, an can't remember anything an wants her to email him so he doesn't forget....yikes, told her she needs a new lawyer, she works in Ft. Wayne. Anyone know a good lawyer in the divorce area to take over, she at least wants to know since the ex lives out of state if she can get a local lawyer here, or if it has to be in that state....thanks.

DragonGunner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2010
    N. Central IN
    I'm not a lawyer, but has she already filed bankruptcy on it? So she then has no liability to it?

No. House is still for sale with her living there until it sells, he has to keep making his payments on the house but has stopped with her footing all the house loan now....wanna buy a house?

hooky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 4, 2011
    Central Indiana
    Just curious. Why is the assumption that she would or already has filed bankruptcy on it?

To the OP - I'm not sure, but I believe an in state lawyer would have to be admitted to the bar in the ex husband's state in order to help you directly. Otherwise, he's just a guy you pay to do follow up with an out of state attorney.

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Just curious. Why is the assumption that she would or already has filed bankruptcy on it?

To the OP - I'm not sure, but I believe an in state lawyer would have to be admitted to the bar in the ex husband's state in order to help you directly. Otherwise, he's just a guy you pay to do follow up with an out of state attorney.

Duh, if you don't want to pay...just file. All the cool kids are doing it.

furbymac

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    noblesville
    if i member right it depends on where the divorce was originally filed. if the divorce was filed in indiana then court preceding will happen in indiana.

Double T

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   1
    Aug 5, 2011
    Huntington
    I was asking because generally speaking it's easier to file bankruptcy than to deal with an ex, especially if the debt was theirs (I have family that ran up CCs before filing)

Top Bottom