• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mcolson181

Marksman
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Nov 11, 2012
    SE Indiana
    What's the main difference and does it really matter which one you put in an AR? A guy I know said he thinks full auto bcg's run better. From what I've read, full auto's are a little heavier and may help with chambering and accuracy?

U.S. Patriot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 87.5%
    7   1   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    Columbus
    A full auto BCG is slighly heavier. Many carbine length AR's are over gassed. This helps slow down cycling a bit. I have one in both of my AR's.

HavokCycle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 10, 2012
    Zionsville
    from physical inspection, i can tell you an AR-15 BCG has more relief cut into it at the back of the bolt, on the bottom. so, physically yes is more stout. if that means anything in real world applications i dont know.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    From what I've read, full auto's are a little heavier and may help with chambering and accuracy?

The added weight comes from more metal.

boltCarrier.gif

I had a Bushmaster with a semi-auto BCG and now have a Noveske with a full-auto BCG. But the guns are set up so differently that it would be tough to make a direct comparison.

If the prices are the same might as well go with the FA BCG. You never know when you'll want to run your upper on your buddy's M16. :ar15:

Top Bottom