• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jonny4523

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Lafayette
    Anybody have any experience with Ghost connectors? I'm thinking of either getting their 4.5 Ranger or 5lb tactical for one of my guns. I wasn't sure if the over-travel stop on the Tactical was worth getting or not. It'll still be used for carry and training, so i don't really want the 3.5 lb connector.

Mostly I just want to mes witht he trigger and see if it really can be improved that much. I've always used the stock trigger in my duty weapons (and always will), but this is the first Glock I've had that is actually mine.

In my opinion, just about every stock trigger I have ever shot leaved a lot to be desired. The only one that hasn't is the Glock 36 that I have now. Very little take-up, crimp break, quick reset. I couldn't ask for more than that out of a stock carry trigger.

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    Thank you everyone for the suggestions and opinions. It's interesting to hear everyone's thoughts on modifying the Glock. I'm going to address and reply to some of the comments.

Some of you suggested going with personal preference.- I should have been more clear, but that wasn't the point of this thread. The point was to see if anyone had experience with the components I mentioned and to also see what "trends" were relevant with modifying the G19. Taking that into consideration, I was going to maybe run some components I've never ran before and 1) see if they were a good option for me and 2) report back to you guys on the performance of those components. There is a certain way I've ran Glocks for the last 8 years, but I'm not absolute to that configuration. In other words, it's time for me to explore some new ideas and components.

Some of you also mentioned keeping the trigger stock for safety, reliability, and liability reasons.- This is a subject that I could go on for days about. But, the short of it is, our hit probability goes UP with better triggers. Everyone's idea of a "better trigger" is different, but a stock trigger is not my idea of a good trigger. Smooth, clean, crisp, with limited pre-travel and overtravel are the staples of a good trigger and I intend to get as close as possible to that with every gun I have in order to enhance those weapons potential.. We've been made to believe that a stock trigger is "all you need", and sometimes it is. However, I'm not going to settle for a stock trigger if said trigger is not to my standard. I gaurentee, that everyone here will shoot more efficiently with a trigger set up to their standards as well.

Everyone had great suggestions and I'm going to take those into consideration as I set up my "test" gun. I will post my progress for anyone who wants to know and I will probably post a video if I get around to it. Thank you again to everyone.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    I guess that if I had maxed out my training to the point that I could not improve any more I would look into other triggers, but I have lots of room for improvement that a trigger will not help. If I were a gamer sure, but for me getting that front sight and getting my hits, not going to help much.

Kind of like that dude that tells you, that you have to have those titanium parts on your bike because they are the best and your times will be much faster. And you reply yeah but you have a gut, wouldn't it be easier to just lose weight?

Good luck.

Top Bottom