• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    I’m really struggling to get a reliable round put together for my g42. I’ve read all over that they tend to like loads on the hotter end but damn. Using a 100g plated xtreme, I can’t get it to cycle with max loads of Unique or Titegroup. At 3.0g of Titegroup it isn’t even close. 50% fail to eject. All loads pass plunk test. OAL IS .975. Crimp is .373. Any favorite loads for this gun?

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    Well, embarrassed a bit, but it appears the feed problems were solved with a good clean and lube. Still have some primers that won’t go off on first hit. That’s another issue all together.

Slonsteady

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2016
    Plainfield
    My gerbil gun likes your titegroup load. I trash all my Winchester brass. It doesn’t seat the primers well. That was causing my light strikes. Good luck.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    My gerbil gun likes your titegroup load. I trash all my Winchester brass. It doesn’t seat the primers well. That was causing my light strikes. Good luck.

Very interesting observation on the Winchester brass. I figured out most of my problem with primers was press user error. I was going for quantity not quality, shorting the primer seating forward stroke on the 550. I paid careful attention to the last 200 loaded and only had one fail to go bang with first strike. .5% fail rate is on the right track for sure. I’m now wondering if the 1/200 was a Winchester. FWIW, no ftf/fte out of the 200. That 3.0g of titegroup is a nice shooting load.

Mattroth54

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 23, 2013
    G42 light primer strike update:

After ruling out damn near every possible error on my part, I finally contacted Glock and they agreed to ship the gun to Georgia. Believe it or not, they quickly reproduced the light strikes and determined the breech was too thick. It was not milled enough from the factory. A brand new one is on the way!

Top Bottom