• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hot rod al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I just received my 1911 King Tuk holster holster yesterday and have been wearing it ever since. It is comparable to the Crossbreed holster but I have never handled one of those in person. This holster came packaged real well and the leather and hardware seem heavy duty and well built. The belt clips are metal and the Kydex is thick and molded really well. Both cant and depth are adjustable on this holster and retention isn't. I'm not sure about the Crossbreeds, MTacs, etc... if they have adjustable retention or not.

The retention out of the box (unworn) was pretty decent and did not need excessive force to unholster it. Unworn was a totally different situation, it was too tight, so tight, that I gave myself an atomic wedgie trying to double hand yank the darn gun out of the holster. :n00b: I took the holster off and hit it with the hair dryer a bit and got it to the point where it is not gripping like a Silverback gorilla on a banana. I'm pretty sure this holster just needs some time to break in.

While it takes some getting used to putting this hybrid type of holster on, it is very comfortable while worn and holds my fullsize 1911 close to my body where it doesn't print at all, even with a shirt tucked in. The only time it does print is in a bending over type situation. It may or may not print less once it breaks in.

This holster was priced very well ($55.85 after shipping) from Midway USA, at almost half the price of a Crossbreed. The one I purchased specified it was for the Government and Commander models but this holster will fit Officer models as well. I carry both a Taurus PT1911 and a Springfield Ultra Compact. The King Tuck holds both of these guns tight without wobbling and click-clacking like my Fobus Paddle Holster does.

On a scale of 1-5 I rate this holster at a 4.5 because I had to jack with the retention. Other than the initial wedgie issue I think this is an awesome holster for the money! :yesway: Galco King Tuk Tuckable Inside the Waistband Holster Right Hand 1911 Government, Commander Leather and Kydex Black - MidwayUSA.

hot rod al

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Maybe because there is a broad spectrum of 1911's and Glock is more specific to a holster. How long have you had yours and does the retention let up after a while?

Top Bottom