• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have been shooting everything from WWB to American Eagle to Remingtons.... All of it has seemed extremely poor quality. It has been shooting very inaccurate.. I think from now on i will only shoot my reloads. I have never had any problems out of any of my reloads and they seem to be very accurate.. Sorry if i seem to be ranting, but im just mad :xmad:

O-well... Ill get over it :D

dukeboy_318

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 22, 2010
    in la la land
    I just had a bad batch of American Eagle, see my post about it. I'm wondering if maybe the manufactures aren't trying to rush things in anticipation of an ammo run like in 08 and thats causing poor quality control?

handgun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 1, 2012
    Central part of This state
    I am confused? :scratch::scratch: How is loading your own ammo more accurate than the store bought? I mean i understand there are different bullet weights etc.. and better for say comp shooting/sniper shooting and all but.... confused..

Although i found a bullet today in some ammo that didn't have a primer? I don't reload or load my own ammo but How do you miss the primer?

mike8170

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 18, 2008
    Hiding from reality
    I am confused? :scratch::scratch: How is loading your own ammo more accurate than the store bought? I mean i understand there are different bullet weights etc.. and better for say comp shooting/sniper shooting and all but.... confused..

Although i found a bullet today in some ammo that didn't have a primer? I don't reload or load my own ammo but How do you miss the primer?

You can set up your own load characteristics with different types of bullets, different powders and primers, etc. Each weapon will function differently. The best thing about reloading in the op's situation is that the reloader IS the quality control.
    Honestly, the last 3 years, other than some milsurp 30-06, .22, and a few boxes of .357 (I needed brass:D), I have shot around 6k rounds a year of multiple calibers that have all been my reloads. I have had only 1 squib round, and a few .45 that would not headspace. No other malfunctions. With all the QC issues lately, I think I am going to keep it that way.

jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    I have been reloading about 6 months and reloaded Aprox. 3,000rds the only problem i have ever had with my reloads was when i first started i had about 5 or so out of 100rds that I messed up on when sizing the case. Other than that my reloads have been great! Now factory ammo on the other hand lately i have had about 3 or 4 out of every 50rd box have some type of failure. To me that is unacceptable.

So from now on i'm only gonna store/shoot my reloads.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie

Reloaded ammo is generally more accurate because you can load it to your weapons tolerance. You can seat the bullets longer than factory to get better accuracy. Powder charge is going to be the exact same throughout every round, same primer, same bullet, same OAL, means you're going to get better accuracy. If you reloaded you'd notice a difference in accuracy between your ammo and the factory as well. I notice it not only with my rifle ammunition, but my handgun ammunition as well. As well as less recoil in my .40 loads compared to Winchester.

And not having a primer means that got over-looked in the factory, just like OAL being off, powder charge being off, etc. It can all happen and can actually happen when reloading, but there's less of a chance since YOU are the one loading it and examining each round.

rustygunner

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 3, 2009
    Columbus
    I have to agree; factory ammunition quality seems to have gone WAY down lately, and price has gone up.

I reload, but sometimes I buy a few boxes from wallyworld just because It's convenient. I've had several .22lr rounds go "click" lately as well.

Top Bottom