• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Take her to a gun store and let her fondle them all, and see what she likes. Much like men, women do have varying tastes. :P My fiancee hates auto's because she has a hard time loading magazines or racking slides. So she has a 38 Special revolver. Female friend of mine hates revolvers because of the low capacity and firing speed; so she has a semi-automatic 9mm.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Take her to a gun store and let her fondle them all, and see what she likes. Much like men, women do have varying tastes. :P My fiancee hates auto's because she has a hard time loading magazines or racking slides. So she has a 38 Special revolver. Female friend of mine hates revolvers because of the low capacity and firing speed; so she has a semi-automatic 9mm.

^ good advise this.
    Honestly, women cannot be figured out. Stop trying.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    There's a number of things to be considered. Will she be carrying it outside the home? What are her preferences? Skills? If its to be strictly for the home, then will she keep it in a "safe room"? And if so, how does she want to store it and be able to access it? And on and on.

Many consider the pump shotgun to be the best home defense weapon. But if your wife is like mine, she hates shooting my 12 gauge. So she'll likely not go for if she needs something.

I know it's not polite to answer a question with a question, but there's a number of issues you and your wife need to resolve before answering your original question....in my honest opinion.

Good luck and let us know what you decide.

daspurlock

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 8, 2011
    Just got mine a cz 75. She loves it 16rd mags, shoots great, good feel, low recoil and did I mention she loves it.

BrewerGeorge

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 22, 2012
    Plainfield
    Guns are like puppies in that you should never buy one for somebody as a surprise. Let her pick it out. If you want to "surprise" her, make up one of those coupons with your printer "Good for One Pistol of Your Choice."

Adamz04

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Feb 11, 2012
    Fort wayne
    If she is like my wife she has only been shooting a couple times. I was trying to figure out which one of my guns she was most comfortable with so I could have it ready for her at home. I thought she would like my small kahr p380 because of her small hands but she hated it. She ended up loving my glock 26 but that was my edc. So I picked up a g19 for the house cause I couldn't part with the 26. Even though she liked it she still wasn't a very good shot. So I put some low recoil birdshot in my 12 gauge hoping she could just point and shoot but a 20 gauge would be even better(at least for my wife) cause of less recoil. Accessing a rifle can be a little slower than a handgun. You just have to get her to shoot some different things to get an idea where she is at on skill.

Top Bottom