• ...and so much more!
  • Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I've heard the name, but know nothing else about them, other than the fact that they are made in Turkey.

One of my customers showed me a brand new Girsan, I believe it was a MC14
    It was a tip-up barrel .380 acp and I believe it was a double stack mag.
    Appeared to be (mostly) all steel.

Do these hold up?
    I haven't searched for revii. Thought I would ask Ingo first so I can get an "unbiased opinion" :lmfao:
    Seriously though. This looked like a nice, full size, all steel personal protection semi-auto.
    Are they junk, serviceable if not pretty, or unsung jewels?
    IMG_20230707_111630048.jpg

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    So, nobody here with any Girsan experience?
    I don't have any experience with Girsan, but I've owned a couple of Turk pistols (Canik CZ clone and Arcus 98DA Hi Power clone) and both were good quality and functioned well. I still have the Canik as my nightstand gun. In my opinion, the Turks make good weapons.

wcd

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2011
    Off the Grid In Tennessee
    If I recall there are a few YouTube videos about them? No first hand experience. Other than to say if it an import clone, perhaps going for the original if it is an option may be best?

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Never held one in my hand. But as far as the Turk stuff goes, it is as good as the purchaser paid for. I have owned a ATI C45 that has never given me a problem but others call crap. It is Turkish made and I have no problem with them as a country of origin.

Remember, everyone called Japanese Brownings crap...

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've heard the name, but know nothing else about them, other than the fact that they are made in Turkey.

One of my customers showed me a brand new Girsan, I believe it was a MC14
    It was a tip-up barrel .380 acp and I believe it was a double stack mag.
    Appeared to be (mostly) all steel.

Do these hold up?
    I haven't searched for revii. Thought I would ask Ingo first so I can get an "unbiased opinion" :lmfao:
    Seriously though. This looked like a nice, full size, all steel personal protection semi-auto.
    Are they junk, serviceable if not pretty, or unsung jewels?
    View attachment 285757
    I seen someone post about having a 92fs clone from them and saying it was good.
    Maybe they will see this thread and post a review for you. If you know how to use the search better than I do you probably can find their post.

Hope these videos help.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    I've seen decent reviews on their hi power clone (except fiber optic rod dropping out of the front sight on at least a couple of reviews). I believe they also have some 1911s out, Beretta 92 clones, etc.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    You might search the forum. I think I remember prior threads about them. Some people get their feelings hurt and leave if everyone doesn’t agree that their choice isn’t justasgood or better than another.

rwilky78

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 27, 2016
    Kendallville
    I have a Girsan MC P35 Hi-power clone, it shoots very nice and point of aim. I bought a nice set of Hogue cocobolo wood grips for it. I don't have a lot of rounds through it though as i've only had it a few months.

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    I have a Girsan MC P35 Hi-power clone, it shoots very nice and point of aim. I bought a nice set of Hogue cocobolo wood grips for it. I don't have a lot of rounds through it though as i've only had it a few months.
    How's the trigger?

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    How's the trigger?
    Trigger on my SA-35 was not too good out of the box. Had a cylinder and slide trigger installed and much better. I'd expect similar on the Girsan out of the box.

Some of the Girsan model hi powers have mag safeties (some of their models don't have it) so I'd expect that to play a part in not so great trigger out of the box as well.

goob469

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 20, 2011
    I have the 92 clone that was gifted to me by my late father-in-law. The fit and finish is good. It came with one 17 round mec gar mag. I haven't shot it yet but appears solid. And if I recall correctly, the Girsan factory is a certified NATO supplier. So they have that going form them.

Top Bottom