• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • wrenchead88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    i was wondering what were some of the aftermarket companies out there that i should look at for extended slide release and slide catch and any other things i should look at, im new to the glock scene so any help is apreciated.

thanks guys!

9mmfan

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Mishawaka
    i was wondering what were some of the aftermarket companies out there that i should look at for extended slide release and slide catch and any other things i should look at, im new to the glock scene so any help is apreciated.

thanks guys!

Google is your friend.

wrenchead88

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2011
    yeah i googled it but some of the sites seemed cheesey and wasnt sure if there was any brands i should look for or avoid

jamstutz

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 9, 2008
    Berne
    What I have to say will likely upset a lot of the guys who sell aftermarket parts for the Glock, but I've got to say it.

In my 25 years experience as a Glock armorer and a department armorer, almost all of the problems experienced by shooters with their Glocks were the result of the addition or substitution of aftermarket parts for OEM parts.

The only exceptions were:

[1] The OEM plastic sights--they can and should be replaced with more rugged sights made of steel. Tritium sights are a useful addition.
    [2] The OEM plastic recoil spring guide rod. Some shooters feel better with a metal guide rod. I don't know that this is really necessary, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything.
    [3] Pearce grip extensions are quality pieces that will assist with gripping the smaller Glocks.

YMMV, but that's been my experience. :twocents:

figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    In my 25 years experience as a Glock armorer and a department armorer, almost all of the problems experienced by shooters with their Glocks were the result of the addition or substitution of aftermarket parts for OEM parts.

[1] The OEM plastic sights--they can and should be replaced with more rugged sights made of steel. Tritium sights are a useful addition.
    [2] The OEM plastic recoil spring guide rod. Some shooters feel better with a metal guide rod. I don't know that this is really necessary, but it doesn't seem to hurt anything.
    [3] Pearce grip extensions are quality pieces that will assist with gripping the smaller Glocks.

Doesn't upset me at all. I've heard that mantra countless times. I don't necessarily pratice it, but I understand it.

My standard mods are a #3.5 connector (Lone Wolf, or Sherer), and a polish job, using a dremel "q-tip head", and jeweler's rougue (sp?). I hit essentially the same surfaces mentioned in the "$.25 trigger job".

In my experience, the most critical spot for polishing on later model Glocks, is the firing pin safety, and the nub on the trigger bar that engages that surface. There is what I guess is a casting teat in the center of the fps, that causes some noticeable resistance in the trigger pull. Polishing those two surfaces serves to smooth out that resistance, without removing so much material that the fps would fail to function as designed.

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Jul 9, 2011
    Hamilton County
    What I have to say will likely upset a lot of the guys who sell aftermarket parts for the Glock, but I've got to say it.

I would agree for the most part... I don't like doing a bunch of aftermarket stuff to glocks... this sites and metal rod instead of plastic one... are mods that I had done to my glock and no problems... I also have a 3.2 pound trigger job done.... I would say that's another mod that doesn't cause issues at least in my experience... and its probly the greatest thing you could do to a glock...makes it shoot like a champ!

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    I would agree for the most part... I don't like doing a bunch of aftermarket stuff to glocks... this sites and metal rod instead of plastic one... are mods that I had done to my glock and no problems... I also have a 3.2 pound trigger job done.... I would say that's another mod that doesn't cause issues at least in my experience... and its probly the greatest thing you could do to a glock...makes it shoot like a champ!

I've been thinking about lightening up the pull on one of my 19's. Do you carry the Glock you did the trigger job on?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.

100% agree!

I do like to polish the internals, #3.5 connector and change sights on my carry gun, and that's about it.

I do like a little longer mag release, but not the long Glock one... it's too long.

Top Bottom