• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    You'll need different springs as well. Just putting the connector in will not drop it to a 3.5 pound trigger pull. At least it didn't for me until I changed the springs out.

I just recently I put in the Ghost 3.5 lb. Rocket trigger kit. It's a piece of cake as long as you know how a trigger works. There is some filing and polishing to be done to get the gritty feel out of it and to get the trigger pull to exactly where I thought it felt good. You also have to replace your firing pin spring, safety spring, and trigger spring.

You can find the kits on Glock | Buy pistol parts, glock pistols, pistol magazines, and more but if you really don't know how to get to your trigger and you're not comfortable doing it yourself, you should look into having someone do it for you. I will say that I had a few compliments that mine feels 10 times better than what GlockDoc has done and for about half the cost.

Last edited:

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    You'll need different springs as well. Just putting the connector in will not drop it to a 3.5 pound trigger pull. At least it didn't for me until I changed the springs out.

I just recently I put in the Ghost 3.5 lb. Rocket trigger kit. It's a piece of cake as long as you know how a trigger works. There is some filing and polishing to be done to get the gritty feel out of it and to get the trigger pull to exactly where I thought it felt good. You also have to replace your firing pin spring, safety spring, and trigger spring.

You can find the kits on Glock | Buy pistol parts, glock pistols, pistol magazines, and more but if you really don't know how to get to your trigger and you're not comfortable doing it yourself, you should look into having someone do it for you. I will say that I had a few compliments that mine feels 10 times better than what GlockDoc has done and for about half the cost.
    A word to the wise.. Changing the trigger spring and firing pin safety spring shouldn't cause any problem but I would reconsider the replacement of the firing pin spring if it's in a carry gun. You WILL have a problem sooner or later with a bit of a hard primer and have a failure to fire. I went through over 600 rounds of WWB without any issues in my 17 with the setup you are using and then had 2 FTFs out of two magazines. Both rounds fired when reloaded into the mag so I'm sure it was just hard primers.
    Not someone's internet opinion, just sharing what I've experienced.;)
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

LP1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 8, 2010
    Friday Town
    If you deliberately modify your gun to a lighter trigger pull, and are involved in a defensive shooting, what might the jury think?

It's easy to say "it won't matter if it's self defense", but is that a chance you want to take?

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    for a carry gun, the disconnecter and polish job is really all you need.

You put together a competition gun, then start messing with springs and so forth.

IndyGunner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 27, 2010
    If you deliberately modify your gun to a lighter trigger pull, and are involved in a defensive shooting, what might the jury think?

It's easy to say "it won't matter if it's self defense", but is that a chance you want to take?

If I am justified in using lethal force, how would going from 5 to 3.5lbs change anything? Aside from the fact that putting a 3.5lb connector would make it 4.5ish without a spring job.

I have never understood why this would be an argument... unless you were on trial for a negligent discharge or manslaughter.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    A word to the wise.. Changing the trigger spring and firing pin safety spring shouldn't cause any problem but I would reconsider the replacement of the firing pin spring if it's in a carry gun. You WILL have a problem sooner or later with a bit of a hard primer and have a failure to fire. I went through over 600 rounds of WWB without any issues in my 17 with the setup you are using and then had 2 FTFs out of two magazines. Both rounds fired when reloaded into the mag so I'm sure it was just hard primers.
    Not someone's internet opinion, just sharing what I've experienced.;)
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

I completely agree. My cousins G19 has that exact same problem with certain ammo. Brown Bear was horrible, resulting in about 4-5 FTF's out of a mag, but then again that's about as cheap as you can go on the ammo without reloading.

I was actually worried myself about light primer strikes after the installation. So far I've shot about 100 rounds of WWB through it with no problems. Since then I've been reloading and using CCI primers. I don't plan on shooting any factory ammo out of it anymore so hopefully CCI will keep their quality control where it's at and I won't have any problems. Just in case I've saved all of my factory springs. The trigger is just too nice to worry about it until it actually happens.

However, I do appreciate you mentioning it since I don't think anyone else in this thread knew you could get light primer strikes by changing the springs. Something for the OP to think about. My G22 is primarily for range use since I don't carry all of the time, so it's no big deal to me.

lovemachine

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Indiana
    The only thing I've ever done with my Glock 19 trigger is put a Glock 17 smooth face trigger in. I never messed with anything else.

PERFECTION people!! :D

charley59

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    In Carroll County
    All I have done is a Scherer 3.5# connector. A word about the Scherer 3.5# connectors...I have 3 Glocks, but I have purchased 4 Scherer connectors. One of the scherer connectors, from Midway, was crap, made the trigger feel real mushy, and polishing the connector did not help. I am sure the Ghost connectors or other brands have better QC, but the price on the Scherers at Midway sealed the deal.

ckcollins2003

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Muncie
    You dont NEED to polish anything. Change the connector and springs and its good. Never had a problem, thats the first thing I do to my Glocks.

Well you don't NEED to change the connector either, but polishing the points where metal meets metal will get rid of that gritty feel. ;)

Top Bottom