• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JRPLANE

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 8, 2009
    Hagerstown, Indiana
    In MY experience that its not the polygonal rifling that is the problem. The lead bullets you buy today are to hard for the loads that most people load. My glock shows leading right at the throat, not anywhere else. And this is with nice, light fun to shoot target loads. (which I shoot ALL the time 4.5 grains of titegroup-230grn RN. 800 FPS) If you crank them up the leading goes away. The polygonal rifling is the .45 does not seem to be the problem. I cast some bullet from pure lead and at target velocities 800 Fps or less there is no leading.

In the XD it leads just as bad as the Glock maybe worse, my Colt 1911 series 70 no better. Colt Anaconda with lead target loads leads a lot! Poly rifling is not problem.

IN MY OPINION if you are worried don't do it. Of course Glock as well as ALL manufactures do not allow any kind of reloads, for the reason of liability.

The Glock comes apart so easily, just drag a brush thru it every couple hundred rounds, and your good. If you shoot a lot, jackets bullets are out of the question.

Search and read for your self on lead loads.
    Heat treating cast bullets and lead - antimony - arsenic alloys
    Cast Boolits

Top Bottom