• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 10mmfan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Mar 24, 2013
    I have a Glock 22 gen 3 that is completely stock. I got to try the trigger on a Glock 35 recently, and I believe it would be a great improvement over the stock trigger on my G22. I was told this improved trigger is simply a swap of the disconnector and parts cost for this is under $30.00. Has anyone attempted this swap? Is it as straight forward as the gun shop guy says? I was checking out triggers at glocktriggers.com and they are about 150.00 to 170.00 for a whole unit. I would love hear from anybody with experience with the factory Glock 3.5lb unit or the glocktriggers.com unit especially with experience on the difficulty of doing the swaps on your own.

AD Marc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    I have a Glock 22 gen 3 that is completely stock. I got to try the trigger on a Glock 35 recently, and I believe it would be a great improvement over the stock trigger on my G22. I was told this improved trigger is simply a swap of the disconnector and parts cost for this is under $30.00. Has anyone attempted this swap? Is it as straight forward as the gun shop guy says? I was checking out triggers at glocktriggers.com and they are about 150.00 to 170.00 for a whole unit. I would love hear from anybody with experience with the factory Glock 3.5lb unit or the glocktriggers.com unit especially with experience on the difficulty of doing the swaps on your own.

A 3.5 lb factory trigger will cost about $25. In my opinion its too light for a carry gun. I like combining that connecter with the NY1 trigger return spring.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    Buy a 3/32" punch and you can swap triggers in about 5 minutes.

Personally, I just did a polish of the stock connector and other trigger group parts, the striker safety plunger and all the other parts mentioned in the now-famous "25 cent Glock Trigger Job" video.

This was on my G22G4.

I'm very pleased with the results. It's noticeably smoother, but no change in perceived weight ( I don't have means to measure). I like the stock trigger mostly as-is. The crispness of the polished stock trigger appeals to me. Take up is fast and smooth, you hit the "Glock Hump", a little more squeeze and SNAP!-- a nice crisp break.

Here's the polishing video:
    http://youtu.be/0XJxltxvAo4

And the detail strip video:
    http://youtu.be/0XJxltxvAo4

Top Bottom