• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • throttletony

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 11, 2011
    nearby
    G23 should serve you well. some people think it feels snappy -- I attribute this to the round more than the actual handgun. makes for a great carry gun (a little thick, but concealable).

Hemingway

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Sep 30, 2009
    Indiana
    I've carried one every day for the past 10 years. My gen 3 has somewhere around 12,000 rounds through it. My Gen 4 I've only had for a few months so just about 1,500 rounds through it.

Never had a problem with either one. Last year, I changed out the firing pin safety because it was getting kind of chewed up but everything still functioned of course.

Hey, if you end up not liking it, it's not like you couldn't sell it in an afternoon!

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    For me, the G23 hits the sweet spot for capacity, size and power. The gun is not as snappy as some say, but it is accurate and easy to shoot.

Last edited:

88E30M50

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 29, 2008
    Greenwood, IN
    You won't regret it. In my opinion, the G23 is the best all around carry pistol on the market today. Mine has been 100% and is one of my favorite shooters. It's my main carry gun to boot. If you find it to be snappy at all, then just shoot it some more. My son thinks mine is snappy, but I just don't feel it. I think they only feel snappy when you are not used to them. Once you are comfortable with it, you will have a very hard time feeling any snappyness at all.

wlkjr

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 17, 2013
    Mine's a Gen4 and has been flawless. It's not my carry gun but is my beside gun. It what I use to fight my way to the G20.:):

nsMethod

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    I love my G23 but sometimes it feels bulky/heavy to carry. Then again I'm a bit on the thinner side, so concealing is a bit more of a challenge for me. In the summer months I prefer to carry something smaller, but the G23 is great in the winter when wearing bulkier clothing. If you're looking for a gun you can trust, though, you can't go wrong with Glock!

Top Bottom