• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • STEEL CORE

Master
    Rating - 100%
    92   0   0
    Oct 29, 2008
    Fishers
    Since Glock first introduced the Glock 30S in .45 ACP I have been following every post, and watching every on line video I could find about them. Had a G-30SF, wasn't that enamored with it and gave it to my brother who loves it. A local guy got one and showed it to me a week or two ago, and when I visited my local cop shop this week they had one come in and I grabbed it. With the two ten round mags it came with and a nine rounder with a pierce pinky rest on it, and fifty rounds of Federal 230 gr FMJ Wal-Mart ammo, we put rounds down range. Hitchcock.45 I'm not and the first round down range caused a fail to feed and extract. Cleared the pistol ate all the other forty-nine rounds up. Accuracy was fair, and thats the rub, This pistol fill the gap between my EDC G-23/27 combo. However, I am much more accurate with that combo. This will make my wife a nice evening walk around the neighborhood gun, and a fun shooter at the range, but for me it;s nice, but not replacing what I have been using now since the mid 90's.

Time will tell, don't get me wrong it was worth waiting for especialy at the Blue label price, it will be a welcome addition around the house. But I am sticking to the .40's.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    I could be wrong, but I thought the 30s was an SF frame with a thinner slide.

Yes this is correct. I've had mine for a few months now and enjoy it. Will probably not replace usual my summer EDC (G26), I think the G26 is just a little easier to CC but the G30s is not far behind. I have been carrying the G30s OWB and have been thinking of giving IWB a try to see if its a little easier to CC that way. I tried IWB carry before with a 1911 and found the fatter I have gotten over the years the more uncomfortable it was to carry that way (yes I kept my pants size a size wider for IWB but the beer muscles getting larger pressed into the sharper sides of the 1911 more), might be a little more comfortable with the smoother Glock sides.

Top Bottom