• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JEWELL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    I am looking for a good personal protection around for my block 45 any suggestions

Last edited:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    I am looking for a good personal protection around for my block 45 any suggestions

Take the "A" away from "around" and I think the question might become clear. Also change it from block to Glock.

As for me, I like the 230 grain hydro-shocks. But I also don't feel under gunned with 230 ball....

OP, I am as guilty as anybody by not proof reading before hitting the reply button.

Jewell, welcome to INGO. We are all friends here.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Personal protection round for a Glock, chambered in .45 ACP? Or is it a .45 GAP?

I like Winchester silvertips, when I can find them. Just about any quality hollow point will be an excellent choice. Stick with the big names in ammo, and dont fall for the $3/round BS. Any of them will put a half inch hole in a person, and most will give more than sufficient penetration.

mikerccie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 29, 2011
    Indy - North Side
    I think autocorrect ate your post.

When you've decided on a particular round, buy a couple boxes and make sure your gun likes them. I've never had any of my Glocks misbehave with factory ammo but I still check every new box of PD ammo.

kyotekilr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    down wind
    if you are buying high quality bonded ammo they are all good. some perform better in different circumstances. for example, how many layers of clothes the assailant has on. since you have no idea what the assailant will be wearing it is more important you have something that feeds reliably and is accurate. in my 1911 i use Winchester PDX1

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    I have always found Federals HST's and Speers Gold Dots both function well in mine. I buy which ever I can find a good deal on in the 50 round boxes.

JEWELL

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Thank you all very much I will try some of these rounds that you have suggested and see what I like

RangeJunkie

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 15, 2011
    Geist
    Take the "A" away from "around" and I think the question might become clear. Also change it from block to Glock.

As for me, I like the 230 grain hydro-shocks. But I also don't feel under gunned with 230 ball....

OP, I am as guilty as anybody by not proof reading before hitting the reply button.

Jewell, welcome to INGO. We are all friends here.

^^^^what he said. Welcome to the forum! Lots of info here!

Top Bottom