• ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I am sure this has been discussed before but I thought I why not. :dunno:

With ammo prices going up yet again I am thinking that a 9mm conversion for my Glock is in order. Also, 9mm would shoot a bit softer when introducing new shooters to centerfire handguns.

1) What brand of conversion barrel does INGO recommend? Storm Lake and Lone Wolfe seem to be the two choices.
    2) I know that I need a couple 9mm mags. Otherwise the factory recoil spring should be fine?
    3) I have 2 glocks. A G23 and G35. It would make sense that the 9mm conversion would work better in the G23 because the slide is lighter. But maybe not. What experience does everyone have converting these platforms?
    4) Do the sights continue to shoot to the same point of aim.

I suppose I could use this as an excuse to go buy a new Gen 4 Glock 17/19. :D

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    When I had my G22 I picked up a Lone Wolf 40-9mm conversion barrel, that thing worked great! No problems at all when using factory G17 mags. Great product!

Notice much difference in recoil, general handling or where the gun grouped compared to the .40 barrel? How did shooting it compare to your G17?

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Notice much difference in recoil, general handling or where the gun grouped compared to the .40 barrel? How did shooting it compare to your G17?

Softer recoil for sure, .40 is snappy! :): I thought the lone wolf barrel grouped nicely, shooting wise it was almost the same as my G17. If I hadn't wanted a G21 bad at that moment I would have kept it! Love my G17 and not getting rid of it for sure, but if I had a G22 I wouldn't think twice about the lone wolf. :yesway:

Top Bottom