Glock carbine conversion kit (Roni Gen2 system)

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    What are your thoughts on that guy? :dunno:

Looks like it just turns a regular handgun into a bucklier and heavier handgun.
    You dont change the barrel lenght so you still have the same velocity as a regular handgun.
    Is it just good to extend the range of your handgun by turning it into a more stable platform?

Would that turn a handgun into a NFA item in the US?

[video=youtube;KQJmB1FyHMI]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KQJmB1FyHMI[/video]

EMA-RONI-CONVERSION.jpg

Gman75

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 18, 2012
    Boone County
    [h=2]

The standard $399 RONI G1 kit that has been on the market uses the Glock's own barrel, which gives a firearm total length of 18.65-inches. CAA makes these to fit the G17, G18, G19, G22, G23, G31, G32, G34, G35, G20, G21, and others. Now since this is a shoulder-fired rifle with a barrel under 16-inches long, which is restricted under the National Firearms Control Act of 1934, it has to be registered with the BATFE as a 'Short Barreled Rifle' or SBR. This is done on a Form 1 (if you do the work yourself) for $200. Be sure you get your paperwork approved before you convert it. In addition, you have to engrave the piece to make it legal.[/h]

jon5212

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2010
    I've seen similar things for sale I believe even Cabela's has one listed on their site... have always wondered the same thing... but you would think they couldn't sell it if it would consider to now be a SBR attaching it to a pistol....

rkwhyte2

aka: Vinny
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Sep 26, 2012
    Sheridan
    I believe you have to register the pistol. If I was going to do this I think I'd get a long slide Glock to use. It is an interesting piece.

.452browning

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    A few weeks ago I had a customer that wanted to buy a Glock handgun at rural king. He said he wanted one so he could get this kit like his buddy. I said oh cool how long did his paperwork take? Does he like it?

his response "what paperwork?" I told him the SBR paperwork. He looked confused. He said his buddy did no paperwork. I informed him of what he was supposed to do and his buddy has broken the law. He went all wide eyed and decided to not buy a Glock and started making phone calls. Haven't seen him since.

Also it wasn't the RONI 2 that is NFA excluded.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    A few weeks ago I had a customer that wanted to buy a Glock handgun at rural king. He said he wanted one so he could get this kit like his buddy. I said oh cool how long did his paperwork take? Does he like it?

his response "what paperwork?" I told him the SBR paperwork. He looked confused. He said his buddy did no paperwork. I informed him of what he was supposed to do and his buddy has broken the law. He went all wide eyed and decided to not buy a Glock and started making phone calls. Haven't seen him since.

Also it wasn't the RONI 2 that is NFA excluded.

Excluded?
    So no paperwork for this model? :dunno:

packard

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2012
    Take a look @ Mech Tech Systems mechtechsystems.com. They will turn your glock into a true carbine with 16" barrel. Totally legal and no paperwork.

I have one on a 1911 frame in 45 ACP. Shoots 3 moa @ 100 yds with a red dot sight. Totally reliable and lots of fun.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    IMO I think they are rediculous. They are NOT cheap, and are extreemly overpriced + the NFA tax + the cost of a Glock?

Much more effective ways out there to make a PDW if you are going to go through the hassle of NFA paperwork.

Top Bottom