• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    I have a G35 and I've read where others claim to put a G17 upper on G22 and shoot just fine. So a G17 on a G35 should be the same. I know the ejector pin (or that's what I think it's called) is straight on a 40 and bent inwards on a 9mm, so I would think it shouldn't work.
    It's also the same deal with a G20 frame with a G21 upper, but I've read people doing with without issues.

So out of curiosity, I decided to put my G17 upper on to my G35 upper and it works or it worked with the 5 test shots I did. It ejects more into my face so I can see run it like this much.

Now my questions. Is this a bad idea am I doing/could do damage to my gun?

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    Dunno. But I am curious. Excluding the Gen 4, I've been told the frames between 9mm and 40cal are the same. Obviously the different gens are different for grip texture or light rail. 17, 22, 34, and 35 or 19 and 23...:dunno:

:popcorn:

scottm

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Hobart
    the full size 9/40 frames are interchangeable, with the exception of the ejector angle being different between the two calibers, just punch out the rear pin, unhinge springs off the cruciform and change ejector housings per the caliber.

bullet

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Feb 27, 2011
    Seymour
    the full size 9/40 frames are interchangeable, with the exception of the ejector angle being different between the two calibers, just punch out the rear pin, unhinge springs off the cruciform and change ejector housings per the caliber.

I knew the ejectors are different, but I've read where people are swapping 9mm uppers for 40acp uppers and vice versa and shooting them that way.

I've also hear of people doing this with 10mm and 45acp and the other way around and shooting these.

I just want to know it this is safe practice. I wouldn't think there would be any adverse affects, maybe shells being ejected at different angles.

After doing some research, I found Glockmeister had uppers for sale and they calm you can use them on either frames. Example they have 9mm uppers and say you can use them on 9mm, 40acp, 357 sig lowers. So I guessing this is okay?

GLOCK 17 Complete Upper-www.glockmeister.com

HICKMAN

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Jan 10, 2009
    Lawrence Co.
    yup, I know a guy who has a G17 with a G35 upper on it to run in Limited Div in USPSA.

I don't think you can mix Gen3 and 4 uppers and lowers, but some have tried it.

If you have a Gen3 G34 or 35 lower, you could use that 17 upper you posted.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    I don't think you can mix Gen3 and 4 uppers and lowers, but some have tried it.

I've run a Gen3 upper on a Gen4 frame and vice versa with no apparent issues. I've also run a Gen3 barrel in a Gen4 slide and it ran fine. All were model 22's though, no 9mm to 40 swaps.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    I don't think you guys should be inbreeding or making basters like this with your guns.

At least not this far north. :n00b:

As long as you don't throw a Hi-Point in there for fun. :puke:

Gabriel

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Jun 3, 2010
    The shore of wonderful Lake Michigan
    I'd love to swap out my G22 upper for a G17 upper. That way I wouldn't have to buy .40 and 9mm to go shoot. I was looking at conversion barrels, but I'm not convinced of their reliability (plus they cost money, which I'll be short on for a while).

Top Bottom