• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Glock19

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 17, 2012
    NE Indianapolis
    I've paid 450 for a Gen 4 glock 19. Looked new. Loved it. I've paid under 400 for Gen 3s like new. So I don't think its supply and demand. I think its greed. If you wait for a deal it will come. People forget that once its bought its a used gun. The value drops.

Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Apr 6, 2012
    NWI
    With firearms, people will throw in anything to justify their asking price. I'm sorry, adding three holsters to your Sigma does not make it worth $400. I'm left handed anyway. One guy actually told me to recoup some money by selling the holsters that he wouldn't separate from the gun!

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 30, 2012
    Elkhart, IN
    I'm sure these over priced weapon sellers are looking for a novice who doesn't really know how much a gun should cost. They have been in one extremely over priced gunstore asking full MSRP for their items and come along and seen a used one for about $30 less and jump on it. I'm sure it happens everyday. Just like the people who go into a dealership and pay sticker price. They don't know any better. I collect pocket watches and there was a guy who wrote several books about collecting. He always said that knowledge was as valuable as money. Education is the key to a good deal.

BIGSHIVES1

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    I just bought a like new Gen 3 G17 with all original hardware, 3 mags and fobus holster for $400. I didn't think that was to bad. Seems like most people are just trying to get one over on somebody!!!

Plinkuh

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 7, 2010
    West Side of Indy
    Just sold a NIB Gen 3 19 for $490.. Personally I prefer a Gen 3 over a Gen 4 but I suppose I'll pop for a Gen 4 one day to see how I like it and if I can tell any real difference between the two.

[FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

And hey, that was me! It was a great deal, honestly. Especially because of the location we met at, and the polish job you did on it. :yesway:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Greed is always a possible factor, but I think with guns it's often an inability to cope with the concept that not only can you not always make a profit on a gun you bought new, you can't always and probably shouldn't expect to break even. Too many people are unwilling to sell a gun for less than what they paid, regardless of how long they had it or how much they used it.

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    With firearms, people will throw in anything to justify their asking price. I'm sorry, adding three holsters to your Sigma does not make it worth $400.

You mean no on told you the secret that if you add a couple of holsters to a used Glock, its now worth $650?!?!?! :rolleyes:

Tc343

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   1
    Apr 17, 2012
    Greenfield
    $400 BNIB at Kiesler. They sell to police, Fire, EMS,........ any public servant really. They have a whole long list.

Just got my Gen 4 Glock 17 a month or so ago.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2012
    Columbus, IN
    Isn't greed the purpose of every business deal? I'm not going to give you something because I get the warm fuzzy feeling of you getting something you desire with no personal benefit to me. People price the gen 3 and gen 4 glocks similarly because that's exactly what they are... Similar. The price is higher because people view their own possessions at a higher value than someone else's and because they're glocks. When the average joe thinks handgun, chances are they picture a glock. Therefore the common-ness gives it a higher sense of value. Is it a higher value than say an XDm? That is debatable all day long.. but to someone who doesn't know the difference... No way. Those
    Who are knowledgable in this industry are few and far between relatively speaking. So to my fellow INGO friends you are few and far between; however, the general population are taking baby steps.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    The first time I listed a gun in the classifieds I listed it for a fair price. Then I got tons of offers under what I asked. I learned quickly that here its the barter mentality. So now I list a gun for $25 to $50 more than I want. That satisfied the need everyone seems to have to offer less. I also think most people list for more than they will accept. So the game plays on. Others list for outrageous prices hoping to sucker someone.

Top Bottom