• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    I am thinking about getting a glock 22 or 23. I keep seeing conversion barrels to shoot 9mm out of them. what makes a conversion barrel any different the a 9mm barrel. the reason i was wondering is i figure carry 40 and suppress 9mm. then i could have the best of both worlds. thanks for your help.
    Ric

richardraw316

Master
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Dec 12, 2011
    The Danville
    do you know if anyone makes a conversion barrel thats threaded?

nevermind i found some on lone wolf. but thanks. i will be asking alot more questions about glock in the very near future.

Last edited:

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Another vote for Lone wolf.

Just be sure to get the conversion barrel ( extended or threaded ) for the model you want. If you need one for the G23, don't make the mistake thinking you can use a G22 in it. The lug area to locate the recoil spring will not be in the right location !

SMHurt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 5, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    Again, call Lone Wolf and speak with customer service. Tell them what your goals are and they can get you to the place your wanting to go with your gun. They make some cool stuff ......

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    thank you but now if i get a conversion barrel with threading, and put a suppressor on, will i need a new recoil spring?

Actually, after I think about it, I'm not sure Lone wolf makes a CONVERSION bbl that's threaded. They make threaded 9mm barrels for the G19, 17 & 26, but that won't work for you. You need a conversion bbl ( different outside dimensions ) to fit in the .40 slide.

You would be best to just give Lone wolf a call and tell them what you want to do. They will be able to answer your other question about the recoil spring too. They have always been great whenever I have talked to them.

208-437-0612

XtremeVel

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Feb 2, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    According to their website, they do offer conversions that are threaded. You will need to decide if you're buying a G22 or G23 before getting the barrel though. The location of the lug for the recoil spring to rest in will be different between the two.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    May be a silly question but would you have to also get a different spring since the 9 has different recoil energy?

From all the reading I have done all I can say is sometimes yes, sometimes no. Seems the Gen 4 will probably need the 9mm recoil spring, but earlier Gens are OK. I am seriously looking into a conversion barrel for the 22.

Now I just gotta buy it, fire it, and see what happens. I'll probably get a new spring anyways due to it being a Gen 4.

mrortega

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    Just west of Evansville
    From all the reading I have done all I can say is sometimes yes, sometimes no. Seems the Gen 4 will probably need the 9mm recoil spring, but earlier Gens are OK. I am seriously looking into a conversion barrel for the 22.

Now I just gotta buy it, fire it, and see what happens. I'll probably get a new spring anyways due to it being a Gen 4.
    If you don't change springs and shoulda, no big deal. Lots of people think guys walking around with an eye patch look pretty cool.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy

If you don't change springs and shoulda, no big deal. Lots of people think guys walking around with an eye patch look pretty cool.
    In no way am I condoning irresponsible gun ownership or alterations. Maybe I didn't give enough detail and I will be more thorough so that no one ends up wearing an eye patch and looking all piratey cool. Call Wolf or the manufacturer of the barrel yourself. My phone call to them provided an answer I was comfortable with but I also wanted to see what everyone else has done and experienced. I know my preference is to change to a 9mm spring, but the tech line had informed me that is not necessary. Call yourself before making a decision.

Jeremy1066

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2011
    Ft. Wayne
    Just to be clear, Lone Wolf does not MAKE any barrels whatsoever. They import them from another country (and will not disclose which country) and then put their name on the product.

Top Bottom