• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jbrooks19

Expert
    Rating - 96.9%
    30   1   1
    Nov 15, 2011
    Kokomo
    Just bought a Glock 19 Gen 2 today, love the gun!

I was wondering if anyone knows if i send it to glock if they can put gen 3 or gen 4 grips on it?

I want the tactical rail pretty bad.. Thanks guys!

Pm me! :ingo:

iChokePeople

Master
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   1
    Feb 11, 2011
    I would think you could easily find someone to trade you a 3 or 4 straight across for it... The gen 2 19 is very popular because of the lack of finger grooves.

Jtgarner

Master
    Rating - 100%
    46   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Bloomington
    Like they said, you might find someone to swap you, but to answer your other question, YES glock will replace it for a fee. You can only get Gen 3, as the Gen 4 is designed differently and your slide will not work properly (I am about 60% sure on that). (not exactly sure how much, but to get a replacement Gen 3 full size frame is $150)

Femme Assise

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 9, 2012
    You could probably find someone fairly easily to get gen 3 or gen 4 grips off of. A lot of people dislike them (I for one)!

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I'd say it woul dbe way easier/cheaper to just swap guns with somebody. I wouldn't mind having a Gen 2 myself, I love my Gen 3 but my hands are fairly big and the lack of finger groves might feel nicer. Both my Glocks have the rail but I don't use it.

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    AFAIK, Glock Inc. will still do a Gen2 to Gen3 frame swap, but it would run you like $150 - you can usually trade or sell privately and come out better. A similar program is NOT available for Gen4.

85t5mcss

Master
    Rating - 95.2%
    20   1   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    Zionsville-NW Indy
    I agree with the others. Just trade it and make 2 people happy. I for 1 really like the Gen 2 without finger grooves. Finger grooves are too narrow for me. If I had a Gen 3 I would swap you.

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    i would rather have the finger grooves..fits perfectly and looks better to me ...the rail is a bonus that i havent taken advantage of yet but will in the near future

I agree....finger grooves are good, and help with any slippage.
    I'm still deciding on a mount for a scope to take the rail....or a light...actually the mount uses the rail, but then supplies a rail under it, so i could do both....yea....both......hm

Top Bottom