God bless Mikhail Timofeyevich Kalashnikov...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • MattCFII

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Danville
    ...and the guys that created/updated the buttstock tool kit.

I was sitting here trying to drive out the hinge pin in a AK100 style polymer folding stock. I start with a relatively refined brass punch and a special hobby hammer with a brass and plastic heads. I daintily drive the punch in and low and behold it isn't long enough to drive the pin out. I start going through my other steel punches and can't find one quite long enough.

Then it dawns on me, the buttstock toolkit's skinny punch should be longer. I pull out the generic Romanian one I have on the table, and yep is longer, but still just barely not enough.

I then think to check the toolkit that is actually in the buttstock, and sure enough, it's punch is tapered slightly different from the surplus Romanian so that it works!

Why the heck did mess with those fancy gunsmithing punches and hammers when, if I could provide the rock, Comrade Kalashnikov provided me with everything else I needed.

That is one little detail I love about the polymer folders, being able to keep the toolkit in the stock. Like the rifle, that little kit is a stroke of genius!

Romanian Kalashnikov Rifles' buttstock toolkit guide

Tomfoolery

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2013
    Auburn IN
    Haters are gonna hate.

Mikhail_fa3525_627564.jpg

Top Bottom