• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    After deliberating with myself I decided to make the switch. I called S&W and they sent me some frame plugs at no charge!

Just needed a punch to remove a roll pin was all that was needed tool wise. Took about a minute to remove the plug, 2 minutes to remove safety and spring/detent, and 10 minutes to figure out the jigsaw of reassembly with plugs. Couple dry-fire tests and all is well.

All in all, was an easy job and now can offer it in either configuration if I decide to sell/trade down the road. :draw:

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    I initially tried that, but the pin was very tight. I didn't want to damage the bottom of the lock by hammering on it when I had the punches readily available. I did use it to push it completely out as my punch was only able to get it about 75% of the way out...

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    Nothing special but, before:
    photo-7.jpg

After:
    photo-9.jpg

cyprant

Master
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 13, 2011
    North Georgia
    That looks like a long slide? How long is your barrel? Mine is 4.25 but doesn't look that long. The reason I ask is because I wanted as long of a barrel as I could with a safety and smith told me that the full size 4.25 is my best option...

Ryninger

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Newburgh
    That looks like a long slide? How long is your barrel? Mine is 4.25 but doesn't look that long. The reason I ask is because I wanted as long of a barrel as I could with a safety and smith told me that the full size 4.25 is my best option...

It has the 4.5" Barrel. It may perceive longer as it isn't laying flat on the holster. That and the 4.5 full size slide is a tad longer and sticks out .5" past the frame.

Top Bottom