• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    What spurned it is an add for a Ruger in 44 Special in INGO. After looking at all the nice offerings I have finally decided I would like a particular make of revolver from USFA or U.S. Firearms. Not looking for the most expensive, OK the most I can get for the money and it looks like the Single Action but I would like the extra cylinder for the 44-40. I have a number of 44 magnum lever action rifles that could use the 44 special so that is why I have settled on that caliber.

After picking up a more modern revolver in 44 special, I have come to like the round. I plan on casting and reloading for both the special and magnum.

I would like to have the 7 1/2 inch barrel since I have a nice cross draw holster for a Colt Navy which I think would work well.

USFA makes probably the most faithful replicas.

http://www.usfirearms.com/cat/single-action-revolver.asp

usfa.jpg

Now all I need is money. LOL

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    I'm not familiar with that manufacturer, but I had a Ruger Super Blackhawk with a 7.5" barrel in .44 mag, and that thing was as dead nuts accurate as any revolver I've ever owned. I had, I believe, pachmayer grips on it, which were much more comfortable than the original ones. It was a real beast with heavier loads, but with 44 specials, it was SWEET! Just one of the numerous guns I'm kicking myself in the butt over ever letting go of.

Top Bottom