• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    Got a letter today from BATFE. Come to find out that when I bought my NFA item and the guy at the local gun store filled out part of one of the forms.....it was done incorrectly. I needed to fill out a new one and I have to send it back in. I plan on doing that tomorrow. It's been right at 5 months wait and this is probably going to cause a delay.....GREAT! Any one else have a delay like this? What can I expect as far as time? The letter is to be sent back in with the corrected form, it has some identifying numbers on it so it can go back with all the other forms I sent 5 months ago.
    So, just trying to save anyone else this delay. The Certificate of Compliance needs to be filled out by you.....I know it seems weird but you fill this out to certify YOURSELF as being a Citizen. My gun store guy filled in his name as the person certifying to Citizenship.....OOOOPPPPSSSS! And then since this was my very first NFA item, I had no idea that this was wrong.....and I obviously did not "catch" it as I was going over the forms before I sent them in.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County
    Got a letter today from BATFE. Come to find out that when I bought my NFA item and the guy at the local gun store filled out part of one of the forms.....it was done incorrectly. I needed to fill out a new one and I have to send it back in. I plan on doing that tomorrow. It's been right at 5 months wait and this is probably going to cause a delay.....GREAT! Any one else have a delay like this? What can I expect as far as time? The letter is to be sent back in with the corrected form, it has some identifying numbers on it so it can go back with all the other forms I sent 5 months ago.
    So, just trying to save anyone else this delay. The Certificate of Compliance needs to be filled out by you.....I know it seems weird but you fill this out to certify YOURSELF as being a Citizen. My gun store guy filled in his name as the person certifying to Citizenship.....OOOOPPPPSSSS! And then since this was my very first NFA item, I had no idea that this was wrong.....and I obviously did not "catch" it as I was going over the forms before I sent them in.

If they called you be VERY happy. This means that they were actually working on your paperwork. After you get the problem fixed you should expect your stamp in a couple of weeks.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    336   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    It should only delay it by a week or two - depending on how long it takes for you to send the form back in.

Not a big deal, "error status' filings are common.

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    It should only delay it by a week or two - depending on how long it takes for you to send the form back in.

Not a big deal, "error status' filings are common.
    Thanks again! This reply gives me relief in knowing that it will not ..."go to the bottom of the pile" .

edeekeos

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 25, 2012
    Lafayette, IN
    Literally just had this happen last month. CLEO forgot title, I got it fixed, and mailed it out the same day I got the letter. It was 8 working days later I had my can. Good luck!

Josh Ward

Master
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 13, 2008
    Fortville/Greenfield
    Chin up brother !!! I'd say you are within 30 days or so of approval !! I had an error one time on an Form 1, got it fixed, called and asked how much it hurt the time line, she said not much you are within 30 days of approval, about 3 weeks later I had my stamp.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    Five months?!? That would put you around January!!! When was your check cashed/when did you go pending? You are giving me hope that I might actually get mine in the next couple of months (mine was started in February)

Anyways, congratulations. It sounds like you are in the home stretch. What did you buy?

rbsangler

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 24, 2011
    Lizton
    Five months?!? That would put you around January!!! When was your check cashed/when did you go pending? You are giving me hope that I might actually get mine in the next couple of months (mine was started in February)

Anyways, congratulations. It sounds like you are in the home stretch. What did you buy?
    I sent mine in around the middle of December.....never did check when it went pending, figured that a phone call to find out would not hurry things along. So, the middle of december till now has been 5 months elapsed. 6 months is about what I understand it taking. That'll put you in August if you sent it in February.. Got a suppressor .22 LR. check page 74 of NFA timelines.

Last edited:

The MC

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    Franklin
    In the past 6 weeks I had two form 1s (citizenship) and one form 4 (DoB on fingerprint card and store wrote the wrong serial. Form 1s came back in 2 weeks. Form 4 took a month...most likely those errors had more process to fix.

JoshuaW

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 18, 2010
    South Bend, IN
    I sent mine in around the middle of December.....never did check when it went pending, figured that a phone call to find out would not hurry things along. So, the middle of december till now has been 5 months elapsed. 6 months is about what I understand it taking. That'll put you in August if you sent it in February.. Got a suppressor .22 LR. check page 74 of NFA timelines.

Cool, that would be in line with the data on NFATracker. Some stamps from the beginning of December are coming back, which would make sense that yours from mid-December just got kicked back. That's getting close for me! Guess I need to start buying threaded barrels now...

Top Bottom