• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • james.bryant88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    So recently purchased a new Walther PK380 I have beenbouncing around with the idea for a while and finally went for it and boughtone. I had to say that I was a little unsure how it was going function afterreading a lot of bad reviews. So I got the pistol and before I fired any roundsthrough it I field stripped it and cleaned everything thoroughly. When I wastaking everything apart I start to notice that the weapon had not been polishedvery well by the factory. I noticed that it was pretty rough and had some bursthat needed to be smoothed out. When I got it I noticed that the slide was notall that smooth, but of course it had not had any rounds through it to break itin. Regardless I get the old dremel out and proceeded to polish all the metalon metal contact points and also polish the feed ramp very well. After about 30minutes of dremel work everything was smoothed out and looking pretty good. Cleaned everything up and put some Remington Dry Lube on it. Went out to the range andput 500 rounds through it. After 500 rounds I did not have even 1 malfunctionwith it. Fed every time, no double feeds or failure to feeds. From everythingthat I have read people were having problems with rounds not extracting and notfeeding properly into the chamber along with the slide not being verysmooth. So 500 rounds and no problemsand the last bag I dirtied up the gun with some dirt just to try and get amalfunction, but no success. So as far as reliability goes I was very impressedwith the Walther PK380 a little work out of the box and no problems. A couplethings that I like about this gun it is pretty accurate, I was able to keep 2ingroup at 15m and 3.25in group at 25m. So not to bad by my standards foraccuracy, I was shooting Blazer 95grain FMJ. I put about 50 rounds of hollow points throughit as well with no problems feeding. Another thing that I liked about it is itis easy to conceal and is very light, two big plus factors for Concealed carry,I forget that is even their because it is so light and has virtually noprofile. So I am not sure why some people are having problems with the PK380 butI love mine.

Last edited:

canamscott

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 28, 2011
    LaGrange County
    I will second your observations. Easy to carry. Easy to conceal. Accuracy and dependability increase after break in.

And to add to your review, ambidextrous safety and magazine release are very intuitive.

My only negative, requires a special tool for takedown.

Cat-Herder

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Nov 15, 2009
    Fortville
    Mine has run flawlessly for over 1000 rounds. I don't like the takedown tool, and I don't like slide-mounted safeties, so it doesn't get carried much. I prefer a frame-mounted, flip-down safety vs a slide-mounted flip-up. It's a 1911 thing...

Otherwise, it's been a champ and eats everything I feed it, from cheap FMJ to factory JHP, my cast reloads and my hot gold dot reloads.

superjoe76

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 21, 2011
    Allen County
    I found it to be the perfect small framed pistol. Its not too big for my wife who can easily rack it. Its not too small for my hands. It shoots great, eats what I feed it and is easily concealable.

james.bryant88

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2012
    I will second your observations. Easy to carry. Easy to conceal. Accuracy and dependability increase after break in.

And to add to your review, ambidextrous safety and magazine release are very intuitive.

My only negative, requires a special tool for takedown.

Yes I do have to agree with you about the tool, they could have at least made it metal or something more rigid than the cheap plastic

Top Bottom