• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ingomike

Top Hand
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    May 26, 2018
    North Central
    Lets start with a shout out to @Leadeye, can you imagine your wildest dreams that acedemics at government paid for or subsidized institutions would rate biggest spending Presidents as the best? Follow the money…

“For the seventh time since its inception in 1982, the Siena College Research Institute’s (SCRI) Survey of U.S. Presidents finds that experts rank Franklin D. Roosevelt, Abraham Lincoln, George Washington, Theodore Roosevelt and Thomas Jefferson as the United States’ top five chief executives. The 141 participating presidential scholars agree with their peers over the last 40 years naming the same five leaders as America’s finest. For the second time, scholars include Donald Trump along with Andrew Johnson, James Buchanan, Warren Harding and Franklin Pierce in the bottom five.”

“Donald Trump is ranked as the next-to-last of all presidents. Trump cut taxes, deregulated, made America energy-independent, was tough on China and engineered Operation Warp Speed that saved millions of lives worldwide. For that, he's near the bottom of the heap.”

“So, who were the greatest presidents? Everyone has their favorites, but here's my ranking based on promoting security, prosperity and limited government: Grover Cleveland, Calvin Coolidge, Jefferson, Reagan and Washington.”

These presidents were champions of liberty and recognized government growth as the greatest path to tyranny. Trump, a president I worked for, should be in the "near great" category.

daddyusmaximus

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.9%
    90   1   0
    Aug 21, 2013
    Remington
    Of their picks, I like Washington, (you're a commie if you don't) Honest Abe, and Teddy.

Washington did very well as our leading general when we fought for (and won) our independence, then set us off on the right foot as we started our burgeoning republic.

I like Honest Abe for the same two major reasons everybody else does. (or should) First, he kept the nation whole. Going to war is always a tough decision to make, but a civil war... that had to be a hard shot to call. Countrymen killing each other, and the animosity it wrought for years (decades) afterwards was not an easy thing to overcome. In some ways, we're still struggling with it today, but IMHO, having one large nation (over 2 smaller ones) was worth it. It gave the chance to grow into a powerful nation that would later win 2 world wars, and a cold war. Secondly, His emancipation of the slaves. That solved (or should have if people would just let it) the biggest stain on our national character. Again, we're still struggling with racism today, but that's only because people refuse to let the past lay where it should stay... in the past. Can't lay that at the feet of the man who tried to fix it best way he knew how.

Teddy. He did a lot of good things overall, but mostly I just like what I've read about his character. He was unapologetically American, an outdoorsman, and a combat veteran. I love having veterans serve as CIC. IMHO, it should have been a requirement from the get-go. One of the things the founding fathers missed.

I also like Ike, and Kennedy. Two more vets who did well in the Oval Office in my book. In fact, JFK was (IMHO) the LAST good Democrat we've had, and they killed him for it. He stood up to Nikita, and Fidel, and did a damn fine job of it too.

I like Regan. He did an amazing job rebuilding our military after Mr. Hillary kept cutting the budget for years. Being as I was in the Army, and we had money again (not just for parts, but for actual training & maneuvers) I liked that. I like his ideas on freedom, but I will admit, I was pretty damn angry at him for signing off on no more new machineguns.

I like Trump too. Hey, what can I say? Sure he's a smart ass with big mouth... so am I... but the guy did his level best to save the country. He actually put effort into his job. He put HIS country FIRST, and that hadn't happened in a long time.
    AND, he was entertaining as all hell doing it... lol.
    He had everybody and their brother against him from day one... still did a good job... and they STILL stole his 2nd term.
    Then, to avoid a second civil war (because we all know had he decided to fight for it, he would have had the support) he backed down, and left office hoping things would work themselves out. Those in charge now are doing a lot of damage, and it angers me to no end, but had we went into Civil War 2.0, things probably would have been much worse with so much violence, as tensions were VERY high then. A lot of our infrastructure would have been outright destroyed, rather than just falling apart.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom