• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    At this point, MSRP is meaningless. Even Federal is sold out on their retail site. I only wish I could find someone selling it for the $29.99 MSRP price (with no quantity limits), that's less than what I'm paying for it. The fact that they have a backorder of over a year tells me that prices are only going to go up in the short term. If people have plenty of ammo or they don't plan on using any for the next few years, they should not buy any. If not, this may be the cheapest you can find it with any regularity for a long time.

If the Democrats are able to get their 50% excise tax on ammunition, current prices would be the new normal even when there is plenty available.

I only included MSRP to show how silly some will be to pay 50.00 for target loads! I also saw some 100rd boxes of 9mm USA for 80.00, again if you can get that then a fool and his money so to speak. I thought I was overpaying a couple weeks ago when I paid Highsmith 30.00 for those lol.

d.kaufman

Still Here
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    128   0   0
    Mar 9, 2013
    Hobart
    I only included MSRP to show how silly some will be to pay 50.00 for target loads! I also saw some 100rd boxes of 9mm USA for 80.00, again if you can get that then a fool and his money so to speak. I thought I was overpaying a couple weeks ago when I paid Highsmith 30.00 for those lol.

I have a feeling you better get use to it. I dont see prices doing anything but going higher for probably a year or better

Brian's Surplus

Expert
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 18, 2016
    Howard County
    Your $80 per 50 rounds PMC Bronze 9mm at the Muncie show, was it price based using the same calculus?
    $80 ($74.76 plus tax) for 9mm would have been Hollow Point, not FMJ. That's still significantly less than CTD prices. The price is based on what I have to pay for it, same as it was last year. Do I sometimes pay too much? Yes I do, but I have it in stock if someone needs it. I pay what I have to pay to keep it on the shelf.
    I still had 1 box of 1,000 209 primers on the shelf this morning for $27.11. A customer asked me why it was so cheap and I told him it was the last remaining box from last year, what was going on the shelf to replace it would be significantly more because I paid more for it. He snatched it off the shelf.
    I still have thousands of rounds of .22 magnum at the store on sale for $11.22 for a box of 50. I guarantee it will be much higher when I replace it (if I can). 12 gauge 7 1/2 or 8 shot is $56.08 for a case of 250 rounds at the store right now.
    I still have some good deals on certain items, but high demand items are nearly impossible to find and the prices have gone through the roof.
    I don't like charging high prices. I would prefer to sell everything cheaper than anyone else but when my cost goes up, the increase gets passed on to the customer.

joncon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Mar 30, 2013
    Bartholomew County
    I went to the show Sunday. Bought a older box of 222 for $15 and sold the last of my 308 to the same dealer. I no longer have a 308. Saw a S&W flat latch but didn't buy it.

Top Bottom