• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    The Greenwood Police Department plans to offer public gun safety classes at its training center later this year.

Daily Journal - Greenwood will offer instruction in safe gun practices

The Greenwood police have a training building with an
    eight (8) lane combat firearms range equipped with

1. air actuation targeting,
    2. running man targets,
    3. charging man targets with lane,
    4. combat shooting areas and a
    5. video recording system to record training sessions.
    The Training Center is also equipped with a computerized Laser-shot firearms training simulator designed as a decision making system for shoot/don't shoot simulations.

rockhopper46038

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    89   0   0
    May 4, 2010
    Fishers
    I'm glad to hear it. Much as I'd rather see our esteemed advertisers collect the revenues for private firearms instruction; teaching gun safety should THOROUGHLY inculcate the Greenwood PD as to the laws pertaining to the lawful carrying of firearms (although admittedly, I haven't read as many threads about Greenwood PD having problems with knowing and understanding the laws as there have been about some other departments.)

Ted

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2012
    I'm glad to hear it. Much as I'd rather see our esteemed advertisers collect the revenues for private firearms instruction; teaching gun safety should THOROUGHLY inculcate the Greenwood PD as to the laws pertaining to the lawful carrying of firearms (although admittedly, I haven't read as many threads about Greenwood PD having problems with knowing and understanding the laws as there have been about some other departments.)

Hopefully, this will set a few people to seek further firearms training.

I emailed my city councilman a few weeks ago of Columbus PD's training, and he thought it a good idea, submitting it to the entire city council and police chief.

Greenwood PD has a history of its own problems with officer misconduct, but matters have seemed to improve with the new mayor and police chief.

Top Bottom