• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    I just ordered a LPK for my first AR build. I'm building this into an A4 style, 20" barrel, Magpu​l AR-1​5 MOE Rifl​e Stoc​k, etc... I think I may have ordered the wrong grip style, however.

I ordered the Magpul MOE K2, with a more vertical grip. Now that I'm reading more, this vertical grip is ideal of CQB type gunhandling. What style of grip do you prefer? Is this angle going to make a long AR with a fixed rifle stock more difficult to run? Am I over thinking things? Hahah

Frosty

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Jan 27, 2013
    Greencastle
    I haven't built my rifle yet but I've done a mock up. I bought a BCM mod 3 grip, I found the less severe angle to be a lot more comfortable for my wrist. It just feels like a more natural wrist angle to me. Buy a used milspec grip and see which is more comfortable.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    You are overthinking it. Try it, if you do not like it, try a different one. I have a small pile of grips I have taken off of AR's or never installed from lpk's because I wanted to try this or that.

I think I have 4 different grips on AR's right now and while I prefer some in some circumstances over others, I do not find any of them to be uncomfortable or unsuitable for either moving and shooting or static position shooting. That said, I do not have any of the grips with big flat bases on them that appear to be for bench shooting because I think they are ungainly and I do not do any bench shooting.

rbane3

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 12, 2014
    Richmond
    Thanks for the input guys! I have been guilty of overthinking things before. Hah. I'll just exchange grips if I don't love this one then :)

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    I picked up a reduced angle tango down grip for my low cost HK416 clone.... I only picked it up because it fit the bill and looked proper.. now I kinda enjoy it's angle very natural point of aim

Vespid_Wasp

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2009
    I favor Ergo grips on everything except for clone rifles that need a period correct grip. You should be fine with the magpul though.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Switched out my milspec grips for BCM Mod 3's. Love the more vertical grip. The old school ones were designed for the chicken wing stance. ;)

FiveFiveSix

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2016
    Indianapolis
    Personally, I prefer angled grips. I started with the magpul AFG and now I have the BCM KAG grip and really like it. Helps to keep your hand position in order to allow the shooter to apply down force with their support hand thumb on top of their rail. Really comes down to personal preference and what you shoot accurately with.

ryknoll3

Master
    Rating - 75%
    3   1   0
    Sep 7, 2009
    Personally, I prefer angled grips. I started with the magpul AFG and now I have the BCM KAG grip and really like it. Helps to keep your hand position in order to allow the shooter to apply down force with their support hand thumb on top of their rail. Really comes down to personal preference and what you shoot accurately with.

The discussion is about the pistol grip, not a forward grip. Just FYI...

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Didn't build mine, got the Mossberg MMR as my starter AR. It, however, came with the Stark grip, sometimes called the grip of shame,lol.
    Guess it's because of the integrated oversized trigger guard which can be used when the ears get broken off on an abused (accident, lol) lower.
    I love it, however, and won't be replacing it anytime soon. I will say I've only compared it with some "mil spec" grips.

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    Didn't build mine, got the Mossberg MMR as my starter AR. It, however, came with the Stark grip, sometimes called the grip of shame,lol.
    Guess it's because of the integrated oversized trigger guard which can be used when the ears get broken off on an abused (accident, lol) lower.
    I love it, however, and won't be replacing it anytime soon. I will say I've only compared it with some "mil spec" grips.
    It is quite odd looking but i does look quite comfortable

duffman0286

Master
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Wayne Co
    It's very comfortable.......more extreme angles really bother me now, but only tried a few friends' ARs....mil spec...and one Hogue. I do like the Hogue too.
    Hogue has been in the comfort business for quite some time... while i dont always enjoy the looks of there products it is quality and its affordable. I much as a hate to admit i bought my straighter grip for looks...I find it makes target accusation quite quick especially if your shooting drills

IndyLongColt

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 25, 2013
    Morgan County
    Hogue has been in the comfort business for quite some time... while i dont always enjoy the looks of there products it is quality and its affordable. I much as a hate to admit i bought my straighter grip for looks...I find it makes target accusation quite quick especially if your shooting drills

Yah, speaking of Hogue, I'm leaning towards their adjustable stock for mine. I've got a PSA 6 pos m4 and it rattles alot, kinda drives me nuts...or another (magpul) but that's another topic and it's on the back burner for now.

Top Bottom