• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Update: I called the customer service and they sent me a new firing pin, firing pin spring, and bolt carrier stop block. I finally had time to install them yesterday. Shot it this morning and it functions great. The firing pin looked the same as the old one. The new firing pin spring and new bolt carrier stop block were different. Hope it continues to function as well as it did this morning.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Oh -
    :): Aren't those the .22 replicas of military weapons made for guys who aren't man enough and too cheap to own the real thing?

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    Whatever Troll. Being that I am ex Army, I know a thing or two about military weapons. It's a fun plimking gun that is also nice to teach my sons with. Too bad narrow minded people like you think how big a man you are is based on how big a caliber you shoot. I like to not be limited to one caliber but shoot many different weapons.

Dead Duck

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    Apr 1, 2011
    Whatever Troll. Being that I am ex Army, I know a thing or two about military weapons. It's a fun plimking gun that is also nice to teach my sons with. Too bad narrow minded people like you think how big a man you are is based on how big a caliber you shoot. I like to not be limited to one caliber but shoot many different weapons.

Plinking is fun!
    But wouldn't it be nice if the gun actually worked?.........like a real gun?........made from a real dependable gun company?

I can see the interest. Cheap guns simulating military weapons, cheap ammo, no recoil, just sitting around the campfire shooting kangaroo rats.
    And a .22 for teaching kids is great, but quality? You had to know before you bought it. You can't substitute quality. So the 10/22 doesn't make you look like Rambo. Shoot it while wearing a bandana.........and talk lower........and grow your hair out.

I'll be under my bridge......with my 50. :):

Restroyer

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    SE Indiana
    The point of the OP was how to fix a problem on the weapon - that is what the discussion was about. It's not a complaint about it. I was giving an update on a fix by customer service. And by the way Mr. Know It All - the GSG 522 was about $100 more when I bought it than the Ruger 10/22. The only reason I didn't buy the 10/22 is because my friend has one and he complains about how it jams all the time. Also, the Talo version of the 10/22 does look as bad ass as the GSG 522 so it's not about being cheap, or trying to be macho. Now don't stay under that bridge too long or your mommy might get worried.

17 squirrel

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 15, 2013
    Oh -
    :): Aren't those the .22 replicas of military weapons made for guys who aren't man enough and too cheap to own the real thing?

So with that, I just should have let my son shoot one of my MP5's instead of getting him his own GSG to shoot ?
    Actually I think I paid more for his GSG than I did for my HK's... :dunno:

Audiofire4114

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 14, 2019
    Champaign, IL
    Hey Brett,
    so I have had the same issues with my gag 522 I wasn’t able to use it for a good two months while I tried a ridiculous amount of things to get it to work. I kept wondering about the spring inside the bolt assembly that has the plungers in each end and is supposed to be positioned in a notch on top of the firing pin. I kept experimenting with the whole setup all the while wondering how could the hammer striking the firing pin could overcome that spring! So eventually in a last ditch attempt I simply took that spring out and went to the range. I doubted it would work cuz surely that spring has to be there right? I figured maybe it’s purpose was to return the firing pin in the rearward position, but to my surprise i shot through a 100 round box of cci mini-mags with ZER0 issues! I’m sure that’s not what gsg would want us to do but given that it’s not a safety based part I’m not worried about not having it in there cuz now the gun actually works! Anyway that’s an option if you want to try it and it doesn’t involve spending more money or sending back to the company.
    Good Luck!
    -Dan

Top Bottom