• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • INyooper

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2009
    North Central IN
    FWIW, one of the best guitar-learning accessories I've found was a guitar stand. Keep your guitar out somewhere handy ...a place you walk by several times a day or week. Then pick it up when you have a spare five or ten minutes. It's better to practice six times a week for ten minutes each time than it is to play once a week for an hour. :yesway:

Armed Citizen

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 8, 2010
    Indianapolis
    I have been playing for about ten years, mostly hard rock and metal. I will never forget the first time I played in front of people I did not know. I am real good friends with a local Indy band named "Free Smut" the name itself is another story. But I did a little show with them a few years ago. I will never forget the feeling when I plugged into the bar's amps. All that power and distortion right at my finger tips, gave me chills. Before I really got into collecting guns I collected guitar gear. It was like I was insane and I could not get enough of it. I play an Ibanez electric mostly, but I have a BC Rich Warlock that is 80's metal all the way, I have a few Fender's a strat and a tele, a few Washburn's and a Washburn Oscar-Schmidt acustic electric. I have a Marshall half-stack, Fender Princeston chorus reverb, several Marshall practice amps and many distortion pedals, my favorite is my Uber-metal pedal set on "Insane" distortion settings. I play a lot of AC/DC (my personal favorite) and love playing Metallica, and other 80's hairbands. I would highly suggest that if you haven't played you guitar in a while or if you have it in storage, you need to tune down your strings and loosen the tension on your fretboard and neck. It is very hard on a guitar leaving the strings tight, it will wrap the neck very quickly. When I first started taking lessons many years ago, my instructor had a very easy way for me to remember the strings.
    E - Easter
    B - Bunny
    G - Gets
    D - Drunk
    A - After
    E - Easter

Top Bottom