• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    It's a radial delayed blowback, not a simple straight blowback.

I don't think the mags have anything to do with this, but curious what brand of mag the Banshee comes with. They shouldn't be that hard to load. Isn't the Banshee 45 Glock mag compatible?
    They’re 26 round mags from SGM Tactical. I have some 30 round 10mm mags from them, but they are a breeze compared to these 45s!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    It's a radial delayed blowback, not a simple straight blowback.

I don't think the mags have anything to do with this, but curious what brand of mag the Banshee comes with. They shouldn't be that hard to load. Isn't the Banshee 45 Glock mag compatible?
    Right. I knew it had some special name. It's kinda like a hybrid between blowback and delayed roller lock. Nonetheless it's not gas operated in the traditional sense

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I believe it has something to do with the gun itself. Most likely somewhere in the chamber. Those splits look like too much pressure on a case that's been reloaded one too many times. Highly doubt the ammo because it's 2 different loads by 2 different manufacturers. I'd say the split in brass case is longer because it's softer than nickel.

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    Quick update, went to the range today and shot the gun I shot last time and also the new gun (identical models). Found 3 cracked shells after, all Speer.

However, I only had 2 misfeeds the entire time, which is probably a 90% improvement over last time! They were both with the gun that hadn’t been shot before today. Zero misfeeds with the other. I noticed that the factory anti-walk trigger pins kept coming loose, so I replaced them with some CMC pins. Don’t think that was related, but during the previous range trip, I did have a couple of times when my trigger didn’t reset.

I’ll keep any eye on things, but now all of the magazines have been emptied at least once, some of them twice. I’m only going to use my thumb to reload those from now on, but they’re already loosening up a little. I’ll keep collecting my brass and keep an eye on it! Really appreciate everyone’s ideas and input!

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Quick update, went to the range today and shot the gun I shot last time and also the new gun (identical models). Found 3 cracked shells after, all Speer.

However, I only had 2 misfeeds the entire time, which is probably a 90% improvement over last time! They were both with the gun that hadn’t been shot before today. Zero misfeeds with the other. I noticed that the factory anti-walk trigger pins kept coming loose, so I replaced them with some CMC pins. Don’t think that was related, but during the previous range trip, I did have a couple of times when my trigger didn’t reset.

I’ll keep any eye on things, but now all of the magazines have been emptied at least once, some of them twice. I’m only going to use my thumb to reload those from now on, but they’re already loosening up a little. I’ll keep collecting my brass and keep an eye on it! Really appreciate everyone’s ideas and input!
    So, you shot 2 identical firearms today. 1 that you had issues with(cracked spent casings) and another that hadn't been fired yet. The 3 additional cracked casings (Speer) were all from the one you had previously had the cracked casings? Have I got that correct? And the "new" identical firearm had no cracked casings?

profjeremy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jun 30, 2020
    Indianapolis
    So, you shot 2 identical firearms today. 1 that you had issues with(cracked spent casings) and another that hadn't been fired yet. The 3 additional cracked casings (Speer) were all from the one you had previously had the cracked casings? Have I got that correct? And the "new" identical firearm had no cracked casings?
    No, I’m actually fairly sure that the 3 cracked casings happened in the new gun and not the one that had the issue previously. Going to just take one or the other of them each time I go to the range and see if the issue persists with one or the other.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Well, I can say this much. The magazines are not causing this. I say this because if you look at the cases in your pic in the OP you can see burnt powder residue on the outside of the cracks. Especially where they end. That tells me the crack was formed AFTER the round was discharged but BEFORE the propellant was completely burnt

Top Bottom