"Gunsmithing" Christmas came a little early...

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Christmas came early at the 1911ly homestead! A package arrived at my door step fresh from the lathe of the Freekforge work shop! He's a very talented young man! This is the second mortar he has made for me and not the last. But that's for another story.

He made me a golf ball mortar:

I just blued it. It looks much darker then the pic shows. It came out great. It is the first time I blued anything. I used cold blueing:

I have a base to make for it. I should be able to do that this week. Hopefully in time to shoot it for new years eve! I will take video! Hopefully I'll be sending golf balls down range in a more fun way :rockwoot:

Merry Christmas everyone! Be safe if you're traveling!

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Merry Christmas! Being a SASS member we are around small cannons all the time. They can put quite a smile on your face. You don't even need the golf ball. Just pack that powder tight with some bread, the percussion and smoke is all you need.

Psode27

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 23, 2011
    Rochester
    Haha! I wondered when the guy who bought that would chime in! I watched the thread about the building of one of those! Sweet purchase man!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Merry Christmas! Being a SASS member we are around small cannons all the time. They can put quite a smile on your face. You don't even need the golf ball. Just pack that powder tight with some bread, the percussion and smoke is all you need.

This is my first one. probaby won't be the last! I have been going over loading it with Ethan. I am eager to light it off!

Haha! I wondered when the guy who bought that would chime in! I watched the thread about the building of one of those! Sweet purchase man!

Na, It's not that one but that guy did cost me money! lol I saw it and had to have one :-) How you doing on your project? Photos man Photos!!! I orderd the stuff to do 2 Mark III and another Mark II and probably going to order the Mark V stuff.

selinoid44

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 11, 2010
    northern Indiana
    Wanted to show ya a pic of one of the cannons they gave away at the last Brookston cowboy shoot for 2013.
    This little sucker has a big bark. Its just like sex it puts a big smile across your face that stays for a while after it goes off!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    Wanted to show ya a pic of one of the cannons they gave away at the last Brookston cowboy shoot for 2013.
    This little sucker has a big bark. Its just like sex it puts a big smile across your face that stays for a while after it goes off!

Wow! That's impressive!!

freekforge

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 20, 2012
    marion
    Would I be correct in assuming you can adjust the elevation by loosening the allen screws, adjusting, and then tightening again?

Top Bottom