• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I took a basic Remington R1 1911 .45 and dressed it up a little bit. I sent the slide to INGO member CCF to get the novak cut for the rear and the serrated slide top (he did a great job). I did a carry bevel, had Innovative Custom Guns in PA weld up the tangs and recut for an EGW beavertail (R1's are very overcut under the tangs), installed an Ed Brown safety I had laying around, serrated the rear of the slide in 40 lpi, checkered the frontstrap 25 lpi, checkered the mainspring housing in 20 lpi, fit a Harrison Design trigger and ignition components, finally had AllenM in Avon recut the front dovetail to a novak and refinish it in graphite black cerakote for the slide and burnt bronze for the frame. I'm actually really liking that color now and would recommend it if you want something a little out of the box.

Last edited:

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    I dig the color combo, different! My buddy just traded for an R1 Sunday and I thought it shot nicely. Seemed like a great "ready to rock" pistol, and nice additions to yours Sir. :yesway:

Top Bottom