• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Anyone know of any qualified gunsmiths on the West side of Indy?

I have a Sig P232 that needs a little help, and don`t want to have to drive to Gander Mountain.

IF you purchased it at Gander, and also included was their protection plan, then take advantage of the "freeness" of their warranty services!

Without the warranty, though, Gander might be a bit high. I know that Lee down at the Greenwood store charges about $60 an hour for general gunsmithing work.

-J-

epsylum

What's going on up here?
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have heard good things about a guy in Tipton. My dad and his buddy went there to drop off his S&W for some custom sight work and they had nothing but good things to say about his what they saw of his work and his place. His prices aren't bad either. He is going to weld up some holes with stainless rod on the slide the previous owned hadput there to mount (badly I might add) a Millet front sight, then mill a dovetail for a proper front sight installation for $60. Not bad if you ask me. His buddy is going to get a custom made (made in house) muzzle break for a pencil barrel hunting rifle and have it threaded and mounted for $200. Again, not a bad price IMO.

I can't for the life of me remember his name though. My dad has his card and I will post the info when I get it.

esrice

Certified Regular Guy
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Indy
    I know that Lee down at the Greenwood store charges about $60 an hour for general gunsmithing work.

-J-

Lee isn't at the Greenwood Gander anymore. He was the one that hooked me up with installing my Glock sights last year, but he got a divorce and moved to Florida (my wife cut his family's hair). So now I go to Mr. Nash.

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    Whats wrong with the Sig, P232's are fairly simple blowback design and it is pretty easy to diagnose its common problems.

Farmritch

Expert
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    OC
    I am in need of a good smith also to put a muzzle brake on a rifle
    Driving to Tipton is no biggie for me
    or anyplace 3 hours from South Bend
    Info on a good smith would be appriciated

Farmritch

hunter480

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 28, 2008
    Coatesville, In.
    Whats wrong with the Sig, P232's are fairly simple blowback design and it is pretty easy to diagnose its common problems.

Slide won`t rack on the pistol, unles the hammer is cocked. I`ve tried with a magazine in the thing, without a magazine, but it will only rack if the hammer is cocked. It should, (and used to), rack regardless of whether the hammer was cocked or not.

Top Bottom