• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    a Mossberg 42T with the attached target thrower? Believe it or not one came in to my LGS last week. It was sold before I saw it but those are kind of neat.
    1694965778134.png
    This is a pic off the internet but it looks the same. Load and cock the thrower and release, point with the rat shot and have all kinds of fun.

It has a 28" barrel so it should be good a the indoor rat shoots springing up everywhere...

Mgderf

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    May 30, 2009
    Lafayette
    a Mossberg 42T with the attached target thrower? Believe it or not one came in to my LGS last week. It was sold before I saw it but those are kind of neat.
    View attachment 299973
    This is a pic off the internet but it looks the same. Load and cock the thrower and release, point with the rat shot and have all kinds of fun.

It has a 28" barrel so it should be good a the indoor rat shoots springing up everywhere...
    Actually, yes, I had seen exactly one.
    Can't recall where now, but it was a novel idea.

Win52C

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Jan 27, 2010
    Lawrence County
    Yes. 1 in a little gun shop in Orleans Indiana. About 30 years sgo. Only one I’ve ever seen. Had the smooth bore rifle. The thrower attachment and Tiny little clay pigeons.

Hawkeye7br

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 9, 2015
    Terre Haute
    I bet you wished you had one now, huh?
    Only so I could sell it. Imagine being age 13 and maybe 120 lbs. You're shouldering a gun with a bulky weight at the muzzle. There's a violent reaction when launching and the muzzle is nowhere near the target flight path. You have maybe a second to locate target, point (with the floppy thing on the barrel) and shoot. Survival rate for targets was pretty high!

It was a cool idea, but there's a reason they stopped making them...

Mongo59

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jul 30, 2018
    Purgatory
    Only so I could sell it. Imagine being age 13 and maybe 120 lbs. You're shouldering a gun with a bulky weight at the muzzle. There's a violent reaction when launching and the muzzle is nowhere near the target flight path. You have maybe a second to locate target, point (with the floppy thing on the barrel) and shoot. Survival rate for targets was pretty high!

It was a cool idea, but there's a reason they stopped making them...
    But it does have a coolness factor!

I bet it would make a great rat shoot gun and have everyone talking none the less.

It would kind of fit in the 10ga category where people ask if you have ever shot it and the answer is usually, "Yes, once..."

Top Bottom