• ...and so much more!
  • 1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I had a chance to take my Henry's to the range. First was my Bigboy 44mag. The second is my shiny new 45-70.

I shot the 45-70 for the first time. I had a issue. I shot it about 5 times zeroing it in and I noticed the Mag tube cylinder was coming out the end. There is a set screw in the bottom of the receiver that catches a hole in the mag tube. I think they forgot to Loc-tight it. Then I notice the mag tube follower catches the bullet lifter so the cocking lever sticks down until you pull the mag tube out a little. I am going to call Henry tomorrow. I think the mag tube is a little to long or the edge on the lifter is a little to sharp on the edge. I will ask them. They have a great customer service reputation so we will find out how good it is! I doubt I will have any issues with them.

#1 rifle I have a lot of rounds threw. No issues there :-) I replaced the stock rear sight with a Skinner awhile back. I wanted to try the stock front sight first before replacing it. It turns out it is way to low. I bought the taller one when I bought the rear. Boy did I have fun getting the front sight out. And yes I drove it out from the correct side. I ended getting it off and the new one in. Can't wait to get it back to the range and zero it in! I am shooting much better groups with the Skinner. Now I just need to get the elevation down!

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I called Henry today. No problems dealing with them. They don't mind sending me the parts free. They answered all my questions. I should have know it was going to be easy but these days you never know what kind of CS you are going to get. I should have a new mag tube by the end of the week.

Top Bottom