• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    I salute you and hope you find a place to store your car. I wish I was joining age. I'd take the ASVAB and shoot for 0317 ASAP. ( For those of you who don't know what that is that is the # for a scout sniper )

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I salute you and hope you find a place to store your car. I wish I was joining age. I'd take the ASVAB and shoot for 0317 ASAP. ( For those of you who don't know what that is that is the # for a scout sniper )

Thanks, MosinOwner!

And good luck to you as you pursue your dream of becoming a scout sniper!

Mosinowner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 1, 2011
    Thanks, MosinOwner!

And good luck to you as you pursue your dream of becoming a scout sniper!
    Remember. If the drill SGT ask you what is your goal in the USMC tell him this ''To do whatever you tell me to drill SGT!''

Thats from forrest gump

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I'm no where near your location but you can keep it here for free. South West of Indy, what time do you need to be at the airport on the 22nd? If its later in the day can probably get you a ride from here to the airport. PM me if interested

Hogwylde

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 12, 2011
    Moved to Tucson, AZ
    I think I repped you for this, but I also wanted to publicly thank you for it. I really appreciate advice about it.

Fortunately, I am on contract to become a Naval Flight Officer. I couldn't tell if you already knew that. I'm really looking forward to the fun parts that come after OCS and TBS. :yesway:

Re read the part about protecting your eyes. Your NFO contract becomes null and void if you poke your eye out on a night land nav or ANY other injury that prevents you from passing a flight physical. When that happens, you revert to a ground contract just like everyone else. If it happens at OCS, you still have the option of "quitting". But, if it happens at TBS......you are stuck for 3 years as a grunt officer and competing for an MOS that you can live with because you can't fly.

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    I'm no where near your location but you can keep it here for free. South West of Indy, what time do you need to be at the airport on the 22nd? If its later in the day can probably get you a ride from here to the airport. PM me if interested

Hey you know what, that's an interesting idea! It might be something that would work out. I'll follow up with you once I've taken some more time to think it through. Thanks for the offer!

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Re read the part about protecting your eyes. Your NFO contract becomes null and void if you poke your eye out on a night land nav or ANY other injury that prevents you from passing a flight physical. When that happens, you revert to a ground contract just like everyone else. If it happens at OCS, you still have the option of "quitting". But, if it happens at TBS......you are stuck for 3 years as a grunt officer and competing for an MOS that you can live with because you can't fly.

Right on. My contract actually says I have 4 years, not 3, if for some reason I can't complete training as an NFO. I accept that; I'd rather be a Marine officer on the ground than work in the civilian field right now, anyway, so I'm fully willing to be a ground officer if the NFO track doesn't work for me.

And yes, I have been consistently very careful with my eyes for about the last two and a half years when I got PRK (corrective laser surgery) for the express purpose of getting them good enough to fly with the Marines. :)

Also, if you want some info about having your personal weapons at MCB Quantico, here you go. This will pretty much be the case at any and all US Military installations.

http://www.quantico.usmc.mil/downlo...UNITION AND EXPLOSIVES_MCBO 8000.1A FINAL.pdf

That's awesome. I know I'm not allowed to take them to OCS (says so right in my OCS Prep Letter), but it's nice to see that once I would start TBS, as a bachelor officer, I would have some options. Thanks for sharing that with me!

indianajoe

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 24, 2009
    Fishers
    Hey everybody,

I am attending the USMC Officer Candidate Course #209 starting in a couple weeks ..............

Good on you. Appreciate you stepping up and carrying on the tradition.

Here are some clips and sounds from our visit to Quantico this summer (our nephew graduated in July):

[ame="http://youtu.be/1wV9vEsiSf8"]http://youtu.be/1wV9vEsiSf8[/ame]

S/F

mk2ja

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    North Carolina
    Just wanted to follow up and say "Thank you" to all those who helped me find information and gave me contacts for this. I don't have enough rep to hand out to everybody in here, but I really appreciate all the feedback you provided!

I leave Fort Wayne on Friday, and I've been able to make arrangements to store my car while I'm gone. So again, thank you all.

Hanen42

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 8, 2012
    Ossian
    Remember. If the drill SGT ask you what is your goal in the USMC tell him this ''To do whatever you tell me to drill SGT!''
    Thats from forrest gump

Haha call a Marine Drill Instructor "Drill Sergeant" would probably end up about like calling an Army Drill Sergeant "Sir" :laugh:

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    Just wanted to follow up and say "Thank you" to all those who helped me find information and gave me contacts for this. I don't have enough rep to hand out to everybody in here, but I really appreciate all the feedback you provided!

I leave Fort Wayne on Friday, and I've been able to make arrangements to store my car while I'm gone. So again, thank you all.

Good luck, friend!

Top Bottom