• ...and so much more!
  • GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Guy needs 2 more for the BIT & CRSO classes to fly, otherwise it's dead. Gotta have a BIT & RSO to just take the CRSO, but the wkend is $320 for all 3 classes. U know anyone? Mt Washington, KY is the location & it's scheduled May 30th - June 1st

Instructor is George Eberhardt (ebbie53@windstream.net) & he needs to know by noon, Monday May 19th

There are currently two of us signed up, so at least two more are needed.

Last edited:

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Is that tied to the basic pistol instructor or basic rifle instructor? Or is BIT independent of discipline?

Would doing this whole weekend make one qualified to teach Basic Pistol and be CSRO?

This wkend would not include the 10 hour Basic Pistol Instructor course, but George is willing to schedule one for a Sunday this summer, plus your BIT is good for at least two years if you desire to take any other Instructor level courses.

George is also leaving the final decision until Monday morning... He's got a few people who backed out of the BIT course, so it needs some more bodies to make it happen.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Jackson, BIT is a course. It is the first requirement for instructors. RSO is a course that certifies range officers. CRSO is a course to become a certified instructor for the RSO course. Basic pistol is yet another course. There is a lot of misinformation out there about being NRA certified. The certification allows people to teach a particular course according to the objectives set forth.

The Basic Pistol course is moving towards an online format in the future. The book learning will be online and then people will seek out a certified instructor for the range activity. I gathered that too many people are not following the NRAs guidelines when offering this course.

GNRPowdeR

Master
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Oct 3, 2011
    Bartholomew Co.
    Jackson, BIT is a course. It is the first requirement for instructors. RSO is a course that certifies range officers. CRSO is a course to become a certified instructor for the RSO course. Basic pistol is yet another course. There is a lot of misinformation out there about being NRA certified. The certification allows people to teach a particular course according to the objectives set forth.

The Basic Pistol course is moving towards an online format in the future. The book learning will be online and then people will seek out a certified instructor for the range activity. I gathered that too many people are not following the NRAs guidelines when offering this course.

Thank you for the clarification! As I'm not yet certified in anything, I really don't totally understand the full process.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    You had it right. Once a person takes the BIT they can add certifications. For example 10 hour basic pistol instructor or 14 hour basic rifle instructor. The NRA wants people to start showing when they teach classes. I used to be certified in Basic Rifle but never showed any activity so my certification eventually went away.

Top Bottom